Cheap LoRa 1W 433MHz modules

Try a search on LoRa 868Mhz.

How do I know if the gateway near me supports 433 or 868 on the TTN map?

Where in the World are you ?

Hungary, both 433 and 868 are valid.

Here’s a summary map of Europe with the 433MHz gateways showing:

Map

And here’s the sort-of up to date map of gateways on TTN:

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/map

and there is TTN Mapper:

https://ttnmapper.org/

Neither of which show the gateway frequency.

Most early gateways were on 868MHz so no one is going to be incentivised to use 433MHz.

Why do you want to use 433?

And as observed above, using 1W output would be illegal in most jurisdictions.

PS, trying to create a device without having access to gateway logs is possible.

Many have tried, most have failed.

So either buddy up with someone who has a gateway, or save yourself hours of debugging by getting one of your own.

The image you attached is just empty white.
In eu I think 433 is more widespread, that’s why I started looking for it first.
Could we display more details on the map like frequency, supported channels etc?
As you know, these are essential to connect and to plan/deploy, and not secret.

ttnmapper has more info, but not the ones I mentioned.
Also it would be easier to interpret range if it used blobs instead of rays.

**The Things Stack Gateway**
Network ID: NS_TTS_V3://ttn@000013
Gateway ID: burnley
Gateway EUI: 000080029C6FA521
TTN Mapper ID: 102742
Description: null
Last heard: 2021-10-26 14:25:38.147185+00
Coordinates: 53.788401, -2.296529
Altitude: 121
Location source: SOURCE_REGISTRY
Location accuracy: null

Shouldn’t that issue of needing a gateway be sorted out? It’s a high entry barrier for spreading the technology. The cheapest gateway is +80usd and even that requires DIY.

1 Like

Baby steps are strongly recommended - gate crashing the party and trying to change the music style hasn’t succeed yet.

I think between the white square and the fact that there aren’t gateway frequencies on the main map should tell you rather a lot about what is in general use. TTS & TTNMapper are open source so you can make the modifications & submit a pull request.

A TTIG is €70ish and isn’t DIY - the cost, like motor cars, smartphones, Royal Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos 2008 (~£65/bottle) etc, is what it is.

It probably is, for non TTN applications.

Whilst 433Mhz is in common use in Europe for non-TTN applications, it does not follow that its an optimal frequency for TTN use.