Choose a LORA client

Hi! I’m new on this forum and I don’t know how to choose a LORA client.
There are my options:
https://ro.farnell.com/seeed-studio/113990254/gps-lora-hat-for-raspberry-pi/dp/3404382
https://www.tme.eu/ro/details/xtr-8lr-usb/module-rf/aurel/650201428g/

Recently I registered a gateway ( this model: https://wireless-solutions.de/products/lora/development-tools/lite-gateway/ ) on TTN paltform and it’s successfully connected and it’s located on my work office.
I want to take LORA client at my home and received or send data from my work office gateway. Or just to see each other, but my goal is to communicate with each other. For my first demo app, I want to see It in TTN Console values from signal strength between client and gateway.

Typically a LoRaWAN “node” (what you seem to be calling a “client”) is based on a medium size microcontroller.

Neither a raspberry pi nor a PC with a USB device is very suited to the task.

Additionally, LoRaWAN doesn’t have the data capacity to do the sorts of things that pi’s or PC’s typically are chosen to do. There may be some unusual use cases where a whole lot of onboard processing has to be done to then produce a comparatively tiny, infrequent radio message. But more typically the LoRaWAN node role matches to MCUs of what might be thought of as the “super Arduino” type of size - eg. Cortex M0 with quite a bit more memory.

You dont use a ‘LORA client’ to see what the remote gateway is receiving. You use the gateway console which is acessible over the internet.

A LORA client at your home would need to be within radio range of a gateway (any gateway) for the data to be received.

You dont use a ‘LORA client’ to see what the remote gateway is receiving. You use the gateway console which is acessible over the internet.

True, except that in a lot of places if you just put up a gateway without supplying any nodes of your own, it won’t receive anything at all.

Can you be a bit more explicit about what you are trying to achieve?

With ‘LORA client’ do you mean a LoRaWAN node (aka LoRaWAN end-device)?

Are you aware that LoRaWAN is not suitable for normal bi-directional communication (due to severe restrictions on the allowed number of downlink messages per day)?

From a simplified functional perspective LoRaWAN nodes are usually acting as transmit-only devices (with regards to the LoRaWAN RF communication).

First of all I want to thanks all for contribution! [bluejedi] asked me what I want to achieve. I need a end-device that transmit data through my gateway to the TTN platform and other people to be able to access that data. For example, if someone is interested by weather, in ​my city area where is that end-device, he can be able to do this, this would be my first task. Here I have 2 questions:

1. To do that it 's necessary to that person have access to my TTN account and if is true, how can I gave him access?
  2. Or that person, if is closed to my end device, can access it directly and view data? If so, how can I grant him access?

My second task, is next one: I want to know, how can I have access to another gateway or another end-device, one from another country for example. To do that I need some authentication keys, right?

TTN doesn’t really support either storing data for your own use, or sharing it.

Rather, TTN only provides the in-the-instant path between nodes and some (typically cloud) data consumer or database or data dashboard of your choosing.

If you want to share data from your nodes, the best place to do it would be in whatever online data service you decide to use to ultimately keep it.

I want to know, how can I have access to another gateway or another end-device, one from another country for example.

What sort of access, for what purpose?

It’s not clear what you are trying to do here.

I would like to advise to first learn a bit more about the concepts of LoRaWAN and its (im)possibilities.
I don’t have a link at hand but others may be able to provide some useful links.

The big picture of LoRaWAN applications is like this:
End-devices transmit information (uplink messages) via LoRa radio signals.
These messages are picked up by gateways which forward them to TTN backend services.
You will have to build your own (usually backend-type of) application to pick up the information from the TTN backend (your TTN application).
You can provide other people access to this data by providing access to your own application (and the data that it has collected from the TTN backend).

That application will have to be provided by yourself (or third party) and is not part of the TTN services.