Configuration Problem - Kerlink Wirnet Station 915-928 Mhz (Brazil / Australia)

I was able to update Station Wirnet firmware and install the packet forwarder by following these steps: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/kerlink/config.html, but the gateway registered with TTN https: //www.thethingsnetwork.org / show Status: “not connected”. Do I need to configure any files on Kerlink station wirnet (915-928 MHz - Brazil)?

@rogercom I am experiencing similar problems. In my Wirnet, the packet forwarder does not autostart for some reason which I have yet to find out. Dit you try the ps command to check if the packet forwarder processes are running?

I did not find the process.
I also checked the /mnt/fsuser-1 folder, there only found the following files and directories:

attach
jvm
dota
trace_agent
serialize
fw_version.txt
loraboard_conf.json

It appears that Wirnet Station Kerlink is not installing the packet forwarder suggested in the TTN configuration steps.

@rogercom I finally gave up on getting the generic Kerlink packet forwarder to work and I installed the TTN packet handler on top of it. That worked like a charm.

@rharte Could you tell me what steps you took to install the packet forwarder on Station Wirnet Kerlink? For those steps that are on the TTN page It didn’t work for me.

Another thing, how can I know, namely making sure that the TTN packet forwarder is installed on my Station Wirnet?

@rogercom I did exactly what was mentioned on the TTN page: copied those two files on an empty memory stick, plugged it in the gateway USB and waited until it started to install them. Then it rebooted automatically, I changed the local_conf.json and retrieved the AU-version of the global_conf.json with the proper channel and frequency config for my region from the TTN github pages and copied that to the proper directory manually.
Rebooted again. Checked with tcpdump if traffic was flowing on port 1700, which it was, and then checked in the TTN console, and saw that it had become connected state.
After all the problems I had with the Kerlink packet forwarder (and never got it to work) the TTN packet forwarder was installed in a breeze :wink:

@rogercom on your second question: if you run the installation from a memory stick, you see the LED’s MOD1 and MOD2 flashing within a few minutes as a sign of the ongoing installation of the files.
After the installation and the reboot, you can check if the files are there. You can use the command find / -iname global_conf.json to find one of files belonging to the installation. I think it should be located in directory /mnt/fsuser-1/thethingsnetwork
You can use the command ps to see all processes and check if the TTN packet forwarder is running, and you can use the command tcpdump -AUq port 1700 to monitor ethernet traffic and check if the gateway is sending traffic out on port 1700.

@rharte Thank you very much, I will do these procedures.

Hi, I tried to install ttn packet forwarder on my wirnet by following ttn wirnet configuartion https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/kerlink/config.html, but it seems the links are expired i tried for those files in git hub too but no luck, does anyone know where can i find these files…

@rharte @rogercom

@sharath did you find the files? I’m struggeling with the Kerlink common packet forwarder as well and wanted to try the TTN packet forwarder.