Configuring TTN Australian frequency plan RN2903, node

Hello, my name is Mark. I have a Microchip RN2903 which I have flashed with the Australian firmware.
I have had a look at the The Things Network arduino code, and an Arduino MEGA2560 will connect to the RN2903 no problems. My question is, will I have to rewrite the source code libs to connect to gateways in Perth Australia (ie TTN_FP_US915 is only option) or will it work without change?.
Unfortunately I am out of range to any gateways for another day or so to test, just looking for a heads up.
Regards Mark.

Can that question.
Did a test today, works! I love it when it works the way you hope it does.
Regards Mark.

Big Thanks to Joseph from Microchip for the AU Hex.

I have updated my RN2903 modules to the latest firmware. 1.0.3
But now I need to prepare one for Australia.
I cannot find the HEX firmare file for the AU Version of RN2903.

Can anyone help? This is urgent

With the limited bandwidth, Joseph can only really support Microchip customers in the Australia and New Zealand regions. Other international customers should contact their local regional Microchip distributor or Microchip at http://www.microchip.com/distributors/SalesHome.aspx

Thanks guys. Done that too. Hope to have the hex soon. It’s urgent.

Unfortunately I still didn’t get the file. I’m at the point of having to abandon the project and refund the customer.

Did you contact Microchip or Microchip Distributor in your country?

Yes. They replied, but no firmware file so far.

Hi there I am trying to set a lora device so it will only use Australian allowed frequencies
however i cannot find anything that i can understand do do this
my devices being used are from ebay and come as 915 mhz but i know they can transmit into below that frequency which clashes with Telstra . I have done lots of reading and searching with very little results can someone point to a good resource please
regards Ron

What device are you using, exactly. Technically you have to turn off a few channels to use the things network in Australia, it will still work some of the time but. Furthermore, will your device reqire a fimware upgrade like microchips RN2903 to work in oz.
Dont worry about Telstra, your thinking to hard, its not that.

Mark, I’m going to be buying a RN2903 development module from ebay and I need to find the Australian firmware. Also a video on how to flash the new firmware would be really helpful.

@clay, welcome to the forum, you may not get a reply from Mark as it was 3 years ago that he posted and whilst the RN modules are still around, there are many other options that people use.

@descartes , Nick I’m keen to buy any other modules what do you recommend for Australian band. I really just want a bare bone module and cheap.

LoRa-E5 from Seeed runs in AT command mode and if you want to open Pandora’s box, you can reflash it with your own firmware.

For LoRaWAN cheap usually requires some learning & your time.

If you tell us exactly what you are trying to achieve we can advise you better.

Nick, I have no real application in mind at the moment. I just wanted to get two modules and do some experimenting. From what I have learnt so far I can get US915 modules and modify the arduino library for the AU band. The RFM95W SX1276 module with arduino-lmic library modified to AU band. Would I be correct in saying that?

You will need a gateway if you want any form of control over your experimentation.

Erm, close, more like you can get 915MHz modules and configure the software to use the bands you want in that frequency range - which also covers 868 and 923 - the radios tend to be upper end or lower end (434). Seems picky, but there is so much detail in all of this that you’ll chase your tail trying to find how to “alter” a “US” module to do AU.