Connecting MatchX 1701 Gateway to TTN

Do anyone have a description how I can connect my 1701 to TTN?

Hello Tinyvaldemar, welcome ont the forum off the TTN network.

I see you have also already ask this question on the support page’s off MatchX.
What I can see on this moment that it looks like that this kind off gateway’s is a closed version only use at the MatchX cloud. (a other network but simelair on the TTN).
There are a few people they have tried to get some other OS (openWRT) to it, but i don’t see response from that.
So for now you must change your plan’s from TTN to the MatchX cloud platform maybe in the future they can “Roaming” with the TTN platvorm/network.
Maybee try to get more info/involved in the world off the MatchX and from there out try to move your closed gateway to a open system like TTN.

Maybe, you can login localy to your gateway with this:

• Username: luci
  • Password: SERIAL_NUMBER (Use capital letters for Serial Number)

Thanks for your answer! I wonder if I change the json file on the MatchX router to the following, if that could work?

From this:

"gateway_conf": {
	/* change with default server address/ports, or overwrite in local_conf.json */
	"server_address": "eux.matchx.io",
	"serv_port_up": 1700,
	"serv_port_down": 1700,
	/* adjust the following parameters for your network */
	"keepalive_interval": 10,
	"stat_interval": 30,
	"push_timeout_ms": 100,
	/* forward only valid packets */
	"forward_crc_valid": true,
	"forward_crc_error": false,
	"forward_crc_disabled": false,
	/* GPS configuration */
	"gps_tty_path": "/dev/ttyS1",
	/* GPS reference coordinates */
	"ref_latitude": 0.0,
	"ref_longitude": 0.0,
	"ref_altitude": 0
}

To this:

"gateway_conf": {
	"server_address": "router.eu.thethings.network",
	"servers": [ {
		"server_address": "router.eu.thethings.network",
		"serv_enabled": true
    } ],

Looks good to try that
Then you must make with your gateway-id a gateway registration on TTN console.
You can try it, but then make also a readme, todo list for publish here and the site off MatchX. So everybody can do it in the future.

Where did you find the new configuration? Above all: why do you want to add the servers attribute?

I don’t know this gateway but lacking (links to) documentation I’d only change existing JSON attributes, not add new ones, nor remove existing ones. Also, I assume you’re using EU868? And did you see the following comment?

/* change with default server address/ports, or overwrite in local_conf.json */

Do you have such local_conf.json file?

Also, and more importantly: do you see any reference to the channels that are used by the gateway? TTN’s frequency plan may not match what matchx.io is using.

(Also, to avoid wasting time of people who’re trying to help, please keep your topics in the MatchX forum and right here in sync, and at the very least post a link here.)

That looks very incomplete. Please use a config available at TTN GitHub as base, just change the gateway ID and make sure there is no local_conf.json and there is no process that downloads the configuration from the matchX cloud.

1 Like

Thanks Jac! Extremely helpfull

Sorry, a stupid question: I am looking at the https://github.com/TheThingsNetwork/gateway-conf/blob/master/EU-global_conf.json file and I am not sure where I find “gateway ID” in that file?

Ah, you need to add that, to avoid multiple gateways with the same ID that has been omitted.

Add:
“gateway_ID”: “”,
In the gateway_conf part of the config.

Apologies, I should have checked.

1 Like

Thanks!