Connection p2p with two RN2483 and LoRaWan gateway

Hello all,

I saw @oetelaar, @IOT_Marco and others talking that is able to transmit data between two RN2483.

My question is: It’s possible to change data between RN2483 (P2P) without a gateway?

Thanks,

Do you mean exchange data between them? Yes it is possible without the gatway, in p2p mode, you’re relying on the LoRa modulation only, there is no LoRaWan stack running on top of the modulation, let’s say that at p2p your are only using the PHY layer of LoRa and not the aboves one ( like Link one)

REgards,

2 Likes

Hi @ndarkness,

Maybe I had fail in my question, but you answered that I wanted, change data between two nodes without a gateway to intermediate them. :+1:

I know that if using P2P I’m ignoring LoRaWan stack.

1 Like

hi @ksl2europe
@IOT_Marco
@denisber they use simple P2P communication without a Gateway sorry, but there is a documentation, or demo on how to make communication between RN2483 and Gateway ? or course using Lorawan (there RF interface )
@oetelaar this is great, nice to success established bidirectional communication between tow RN2483

In our case, we need to make a communication between Linklabs Gateway LoRaWAN and RN2483 ?

We search on many forum and contacting many support team, like LinkLabs, but always no response or they don’t know also, we can’t find documentations about this

How isn’t available if a gateway like LinkLabs destination to be the main point of IoT network, and his manufacturer don’t make the necessary documentation or support for that

Please, anyone have idea, we will be appreciate your help

Thanks

I’m a student and receive project from my teacher about transmit data between two RN2483, you can share your code and experience about them?
Please help me.Thank you.

@thonguyen,
There is no code to share.
Every RN2483 (as you can see in the picture above) has it’s own uart connection via ftdi module and a usb port on a laptop, so there is no wired connection between them. On both laptops you start a program like Termite and all you have to do is program one RN2483 (1) as a receiver and the other (2) as a transmitter with the commands like:

(1)
radio rx 0 //this RN2483 is the receiver and

(2)
radio rx 1 //this RN2483 is the transmitter

after that you can send and receive data
(2)
radio tx 1234

These are all commands you can find in the RN2483 command reference user guide

succes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microchip released RN2483 library code

Can we perform the same P2P communication using lorawan library for RN2483?

hi,
how to receive ant data send from RN2483 to server via seral port using minicom.
For example, message sent by rn2483 received by lora_server at laptop and stored in database.

Same,like how to receive the message and store it in seperate location file using serial connection…

thanks.

Hi there, I have also tested p2p for a project and it’s simple and good.
But there’s something I can’t understand that is beyond my ‘communication technology’ knowdelge.
I have two modules RN2483, in the first I send the command ‘radio tx 0’ after I set the needed configuration (frequency, pwr, iqi). In the second I send for example ‘mac join abp’.
If mac uses radio layer shoudn’t the first module read something when does the ‘radio tx’? It would read garbage from he ‘mac join abp’ command, but it would read something right?. Or is that radio layer filters it somehow? Or I’m missing some configuration parameter in the first module?
Thanks in advance.