"connection via Ethernet needs to enter password" Kerlink-iFemtoCell-evolution

Hi all,
connection of the gateway to internet of my residence via Ethernet needs to enter password and username, I saw a part to enter password for WiFi connection of gateway, but cant find that for Ethernet connection is it possible that I can enter password for Ethernet connection?

I don’t think the iFemtoCell-evo has wifi. When you are connecting are you talking about the web interface or SSH? Connect gateway to internet? Are you talking about setting it up to connect to TTN?

To connect to TTN to send data, I should connect gateway to the internet via Ethernet connection, but I live in student residence and the internet connection via Ethernet is a passphrase-protected connection and I need to enter password and username in the gateway to connect, but I donot know whether it is possible or not for Ethernet connection of kerlink gateway and how

Hi Mari,
I think what happens in the network of your residence is that they have a white list for the computers (MAC White List), when you connect the computer it asks you to log in to a web page and internally saves the mac of your computer in the white list, if this is correct I can only think of two possible solutions:

That you talk to the network admin in the residence for manually enter the mac address of the device you want to connect

That you clone the mac of that device on your laptop, connect to the network and later connect the device (do not forget to leave your computer’s mac as it was, otherwise you will not be able to access the network with both at the same time

For change the mac address of the computer depends if it is windows-mac-linux, search in google how to change mac address (Its easy)