Decode segmented payload

Hello,

I started to use the Decoder function.
But my payload is segmented. I have to put together several payloads and then evaluate them.
So i don’t know how to cache already received payload and how to use it again when I receive the next data. Is there any way to do this with the decoder function? Or should I go about the possibility of adding an integration. But which can help?

Thanks

No. See Access to previous data in Payload format and How can i do a condition using two uplink messages?

Thanks, that’s an answer that helps me

1 Like

Aside:

If this is about a single measurement/event, then you might want to share how you’re encoding your data. It would really be much easier and more reliable to use a smaller payload to make all fit into a single uplink.

Additionally, if you absolutely have to have payloads larger than would fit, try to have multiple independent subgroups each on its own port.

Packet loss is a reality, so if you lose the packet with measurement channels 1-5 the one with measurement channels 5-10 might still be useful. However, if you need some sensors to fetch calibration data for others (for example many things depend on temperature) then be sure to group the interdependent things together in the same packet.

3 Likes