Deleted `device` reappears minutes later

Hello Everyone,

I am having a strange issue with the console on TTN community v2. I have two devices I would like to delete. However, after I delete them in the console (and they appear to be gone), they re-appear minutes later. I have tried this about five times, and it always ends the same way.

This was not a problem in the past for any other device.

Just in case it matters, I have both “Ubidots” and “data storage” as integrations.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Michael

Any thoughts on this from anyone? @johan, have you seen this behavior before?

Yes, I’m almost certain you have the AWS IoT integration running in your account. As long as the device is still there, it gets recreated automatically and magically!

1 Like

@johan, agh you’re totally correct! I didn’t see it listed under integrations but, yes, it is linked. Thank you.

What is the correct device deletion process? This morning I deleted both devices on AWS IoT, then on TTN console, and the devices again re-appeared.

Thank you!
Michael

You would need to delete them manually at the same time. When they are in any of the two platforms (TTN or AWS IoT), they will get (re)created in the other platform.

This behavior is not ideal and this is changing with the V3 integration for AWS.

Got it! FYI, I believe the correct deletion only occurred when I quickly deleted the device from

• TTN console
    and then
  • AWS ioT core

in that order. But perhaps it’s just a timing thing.

Thank you!