Deleting TTIG gateway in TTS account and TTN account

Hi,

I have ported the TTIG gateway to the TTS V3 account everything is working fine. But now I want to move my gateway to a different TTS account (another TTS user).

For doing this gateway should be deleted from my TTS account and need to register with another TTS account. Before doing this I saw related topics in the TTN forum saying that the TTIG gateway should not be deleted once it registered. I am quite confused about deleting the gateway in TTS, can anyone suggest a way to move the gateway to another account?

Another question is If the TTIG gateway is registered to TTN can it be deleted from TTN and register newly in TTS?

After deleting the gateway in TTN or TTS, Does Gateway EUI or ID is removed from the respective database to register gateway once again.

Make the new owner collaborator (with all rights) and remove yourself as collaborator and voila the gateway is on the other account - no need to remove/delete something and reregister it.

Thanks, Casper for the quick response. I understood the Collaborators feature.

Do you have any comments for the below questions?

Another question is If the TTIG gateway is registered to TTN can it be deleted from TTN and register newly with TTS?

After deleting the gateway in TTN or TTS, Does Gateway EUI or ID is removed from the respective database to register the gateway once again?

Yes, but we don’t recommend it, forum search is your friend

Forum search is your friend, EUI yes, ID no, ID’s are single use only - this is in the documentation.

You don’t Add or Register a TTIG, you Claim it - any other button will not do the job for you.

Hi,

I’ve removed the TTIG from my account, but now I’m not able to claim it anymore, nor from another TTN account.
The Gateway association page always says:

Gateway with ID eui-58a0cbfffe804ed1@ttn already exists. Please try using a different ID

How can I correctly disassociate the TTIG from one account to be able to claim from another one, if I already deleted the TTIG instead of pass it to collaborator as Caspar said?

thanks in advance

Ric

Deleting a gateway does not delete it’s ID. You can claim this gateway by filling in a different ID.

If this and @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2’s comment doesn’t help, please use forum search for the numerous entries that come up about this as it’s been discussed to death and then some!

1 Like