Device Activation/ join loop

Hello everyone,
i have my lora device which is “lora node phat + raspberry pi 0” using RAK811 module, my dragino lg02 gateway, and my account TTN.
i have done all the configuration needed on the gateway, the device and my TTN account but i have this problem while trying to join network:
traffic device traffic gateway
anyone could help me please
thank you

The dragino lg02 is a single channel gateway and not supported by TTN, in fact its use is actively discouraged

thank you for your response
i tried also to use public lora network, i used Spot from Objenious and i have the same issue, join request/accept loop!
what do you think are the potential problems here?

clearly the gateway is listening on that single channel, its probably your dev/app eui & app key on your device that are incorrect, search the forum for common mistakes - gateway sees the device but does not accept it

as I said, single channel gateways whilst good as a taster are a complete dead end re TTN, invest say 120 euros (approx) in a RAK gateway board to fit your PI

1 Like

Actually, the application data log shows a new device address every time, so it looks like its actually accepted by the backend and was assigned a device address. So at least the dev/app eui and app key appear correct IMO.
So one of the problems may be that the device simply does not see that the activation was successful, and retry the join over and over, or perhaps just ignores the success and starts over anyway.

1 Like

and how can i fix this if the device is the problem?

I would propose to buy a new (8-channel) gateway e.g. Dragino LPS8. Please do not connect gateways like the Dragino LG02 to TTN - it will disturb the transmission of other nodes.
What is the distance between the gateway and your node? Maybe they are to close together.

maybe more than 5 meters when i run tests!