DLSO8 LTE doesn#t work with GSM-Card

Hello,

does anyone have good experience with the use of a Dragino DSL08 gateway with GSM connection?

I am trying to set it up, basically I have an internet connection, but it hangs after minutes.

The current firmware, dragino-lgw–v5.4.1640315898, is installed.

Greetings

E_T

Yes, I deployed one last year during the summer which has been running on 4G ever since without any mayor hiccups. Firmware I used was the last release before juli 2020.
I’m using the same firmware on an LG308 with 4G connectivity (fitted in an outdoor enclosure).

1 Like

Thank you!

Ok i will seach for the cause. I testet it with two gateways , both show the same behaviour.

I will look.

Greetings

E_T

You might want to try with a different SIM just to check if the issue is provider related.

I can also confirm the DLOS8 works fine with 4G.
How did you test the connection?

• Did you ping a server from the gateway?
  • Can you see the sim status in your providers’ dashboard?
  • Do you see gateway data in TTN?

It might help if you share which settings you use and what exactly do you see.

Hello, today i changed the sim from Vodafone to medion (alditalk), the same behaviot.

It worked fore samo minutes, then connection is lost!

Greetings

E_T
GW6-medion1
GW6-medion2
LOG GW6-medion.txt (66.8 KB)

The problem was the simultaneous setup of LTE and WLAN. Without preconfigured WLAN all work fine.

E_T

1 Like

i am unable to get mine to connect to 4g it just constantly disconnects, would you be willing to share your exact firmware version and a screen shot of your cellular configuration page?

Sorry, the unit is deployed remotely and I currently don’t have access to the user interface.

I check both of the checkboxes and fill in the APN (check with your provider).
The rest I leave standard.
Maybe you can try with wifi off and ethernet cable disconnected, I noticed that any change in the network configuration will cause all network interfaces to restart.

On my gateways I’ve used firmware V5.4.1633695703 and V5.4.1666149468.

Can you log in your gateway via SSH and check the output of

logread -f

Then you can see what is going on with the connections.