Downlink message failure: No decoder defined for LT22222-L

I have configured a dragino LT22222 as my end node and Integrated to Datacake using an API key and Token. I am able to control the device from the Datacake console. The problem is that when I view the end device Live Data on TTN. I receive a error message " Decode downlink data message failure "No decoder defined for codec lt22222-l-codec ". What could be causing this error?

As the message says, there is an encoder for download ( from TTS to node) missing. If you want to see the data of your node or send commands to your node using TTN-console, you have to enter the appropriate decoder and encoder in the TTN-console.

Have the same problem with the TBHH100. Where can i find that codec and how to set them up? Sorry, its my first LORAWAN gateway and test.

1 Like

The LoRaWAN gateway just converts radio waves to IP packets, so don’t focus overly on that.

The manufacturers usually provide the resources for their devices.

And a downlink decoder is a cosmetic item to show on the console what you asked to be sent.

As the Fair Use Policy is 10 downlinks a day and we’d prefer 1 a fortnight. LoRaWAN is all about data up and is not suitable for command & control applications.

We don’t want to send many downlinks a day. Just one to set the configuration.

That mens if it is only an cosmetic thing we can ignore the message about the codec?

yes - but you should check the device is doing as you expect - downlinks aren’t guaranteed to arrive, codec or no codec