Dragino HAT - Raspberry Pi 3

Hello! I have a LoRa GPS HAT DRAGINO, based on the SX1276/SX1278 transceiver. I bought this device on the last week and I followed the DRAGINO instructions for use the Gateway on TTN service. I Followed step by step, but, the gateway status was Disconnected every time. I think: I will delete this gateway and restart the proccess, but, when I try to register the device again, the System Show me this message: “Submit failed ID already taken” I losted my device for TTN use? How I register my device again? The device never work on TTN service?
I’m so sorry, but I’m a beginner on the service, and I need to connect this device.

I have a LoRa GPS HAT DRAGINO, based on the SX1276/SX1278 transceiver. I bought this device on the last week and I followed the DRAGINO instructions for use the Gateway on TTN service

Unfortunately, despite potentially misleading marketing, what you have purchased is not a gateway, rather it is a node. It lacks the capabilities to do what gateways must, which is to receive on 42 different frequency and bandwidth combinations at the same time.

Such “single channel packet forwarders” etc fool the network into thinking they’re gateways and adjusting algorithms to include their contributions, when in fact they are not and such adjustments degrade the ability of the network to best utilize the actual gateways that are present. As such, connecting them to TTN is prohibited.

You’ll have to disconnect this device and purchase an actual gateway with a proper multi-channel concentrator card instead.

(Unfortunately that particular board isn’t even very easy to use as a node either, because a pi isn’t a very supported host platform for the node end of things - the best course of action may be to pack it up and return it to the seller)

You haven’t lost your device, you just can’t use the same ID again and if you search the forum & documentation you will find out what all this means.

But as above, you just can’t use that HAT for a gateway and it’s not a good choice at all as a device.

Again, search the forum for recommendations for gateways & devices.

Hopefully you have a device - buying just a gateway is like buying a broadband router without owning a computer.