Dragino PG1301 concentrator with Raspberry Pi 3b+ status not connected on TTN network

Regards

Today I have registered Dragino PG1301 with Raspberry Pi 3b+ following these instructions http://www.dragino.com/downloads/downloads/LoRa_Gateway/PG1301/PG1301_UserManual_v1.0.4.pdf
Everything worked well but inside TTN console status is Not connected. When I enter the command * sudo systemctl status lorapktfwd * this is what I get:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status lorapktfwd
● lorapktfwd.service - packet forwarder
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/lorapktfwd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-07-23 01:21:07 CEST; 10min ago
  Process: 1051 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/reset_lgw.sh start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1067 (lora_pkt_fwd)
    Tasks: 5 (limit: 2068)
   CGroup: /system.slice/lorapktfwd.service
           └─1067 /usr/bin/lora_pkt_fwd

Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # PUSH_DATA acknowledged: 100.00%
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ ### [DOWNSTREAM] ###
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # PULL_DATA sent: 3 (100.00% acknowledged)
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # PULL_RESP(onse) datagrams received: 0 (0 bytes)
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # RF packets sent to concentrator: 0 (0 bytes)
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # TX errors: 0
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # BEACON queued: 0
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # BEACON sent so far: 0
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ # BEACON rejected: 0
Jul 23 01:31:10 raspberrypi lora_pkt_fwd[1067]: REPORT~ ### [PPS] ###

I have connected GPS antenna to dragino concentrator board bud did not activate it, but configuring and activation of an antenna should not be a problem, after configuring local and global JSON files with server address and gateway ID I have restarted packed forwarder, even rebooted gateway and status is still not connected. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Ivan

Read this sticky post at the top of the main forum page:

Is there any traffic? Does data from a device get through?

Thank you @descartes I have found what was mistake, it vas eui part of gateway ID, I have added it instead of only the number after dash inside local_conf.json file. I did not want to delete post because this can help someone. But after I got connection at TTN tab traffic there was nothing, of course I did not set up a sensor yet, and gateway is surrounded by buildings. So Should anything be written under the traffic even if I do not get any data or have end node nearby? For example: no sensors in range, or empty JSON response or any kind of message.
Thank you in advance

Best regards
Ivan

If there are no transmissions to receive then there won’t be anything in the traffic.

If you look at the homepage of TTN, you can see if there are any other gateways in your area which will give you some idea if there is likely to be any one else using LoRa.

Thank you @descartes, There are no gateways close to me. Now gateway is online and shown on TTN map of gateways. But I have a question. When enabling gps module of this gateway I have to free uart from bluetooth inside config.text and than add inside global_conf.json -> “gps_tty_path”: "/dev/ttyAMA0 is that correct? I have searching for instructions how to free uart and change it for lora gps module which I get for PG1301 but I am not 100% sure is uart by default disabled or configured for bluetooth. Does adding line enable_uart=1 in config.txt and adding global_conf.json -> “gps_tty_path”: "/dev/ttyAMA0 will make my gps work or do I lack something else? Of course if you know the answer. Thank you in advance

Best regards
Ivan

I’m not familar with the PG301 so I’ll have to let someone else answer.

Generally a GPS on a gateway provides accurate time so if you’ve got that set already, it’s not going to prevent the basic functionality of the gateway.

Aha, ok thank you a lot @descartes. Hope someone will answer because I have it attached to PG1301 but not active just because I am not sure 100% is the method right.