E19-868MS1W Breadboard PCB

Just in case this may be useful.

PS: some clarification (I received a few questions): this board is only for experimental purpose and test code.
There is no filtration in this design. Some local restructive regulations allow only 100 mW. Please check before proceeding.

Sources here: https://github.com/ccadic/E19-868MS1W-Breadboard-PCB
GPL License

1 Like

1Watt? Where would that module be legal?

1 Like

The 100mW uses the same PCB if you are not in albania :slight_smile:

Wow, 1W, that’s one hell of a transmitter. I suppose it could be useful to get the most of installations with long wires… i.e. the antenna is perched atop a radio tower but the node has to be located at the bottom, for some reason.
It’s not exactly ‘low power’, however…

1 Like

I’m talking about these here:

http://www.cdebyte.com/en/product-class-news.aspx?pid=32&okey=SX1276

I ordered samples for the 915MHz SPI versions (E19-915MS1W and E19-915MS100) a couple of days ago to go on nodes with STM32 MCUs.

Well, sorry that the post above does come over as ‘idiotic’, but it had been merged and the context of the thread-header did get lost…

Please imagine this in front of it:

Shielded SX1276 modules from CDEbyte, any experience?

Thanks.

my mistake… should have copied the title to.
I thought maybe ccadic can help you with your question, that’s why I merged :sunglasses:

I’ve tested the 100 mW version on 868 Mhz band yes.
For the moment it is LORA ready. I’m finishing the prototype and I’m about to start the coding for lorawan (not sure it is easy).
I have 1W version for 868 mhz but never tested so far.

1 Like

The concern about the 1W version is, of course legal. There are also other concerns such as harmonic filtration. These devices are so small it is hard , and almost impossible, to add low pass filters. (we need to add them in sandwich in the SMA connector line)

I love the battery stuff

What MCU are you using as controller, if I may ask?

Hm, so a u.fl <> SMA pigtail cable isn’t good enough?
I thought the filtering/etc. is taken care of ‘under the hood’ for these modules?

I use ESP8266 and ESP32 to control the chip

1 Like

I too have a 1Watt 868mhz module but i guess its not Lorawan ready.
Lmic doesnt work on on a quick try. Though i;m yet to debug further.

Do you have any success on this module particularly for Lorawan ?

I’m using the 100mW for a couple of weeks now. The transmitted signal seems to be slightly weaker when comparing to a node that is using a RFM95. But that could also be caused by antenna variations. I still need to do a good comparison test.

The biggest difference of this module compared to other SX127x modules that is has separate rx and tx pins. If you want to use it with LMIC that won’t work out of the box. LMIC only supports a combined rxtx pin. To be able to use it, I slightly modified LMIC to drive separate rx and tx pins.