Export device info from v3

Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is any simple way to view or download device info from my v3 instance? For example, it would be great to have a .csv of device/application/Id/AppEUI/DevEUI/Appkey/DevAddr etc. I find often when logging my gateway data, it’s quite difficult to find which device matches the DevAddr coming through with the uplink.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Andrew.

Hy Andrew,
Did you get any information on this topic? I would also be interested…
Regards,
Claire

Where are you matching this? If a DevAddr matches an uplink, that will be shown in the console under the device view and the event with the EUI/ID of the device.

Hi @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2, thanks for the reply, I’m looking at the gateway traffic. When you have lots of applications and heaps of devices, it would be great to be able to quickly identify which device the DevAddr is when an uplink arrives. Currently there seems to be no way to find this via a search on the ttn. Of course it would only find it if the device is owned by the user.
I hope this makes sense, let me know if you need more information.

You can see which gateways heard an uplink in the uplink meta data.

What is the purpose of looking at the gateway log to do this? Particularly as the DevAddr is, as far as I understand it, not unique to a device so you could have a number of devices being heard by a gateway with the same DevAddr - some of which may not be yours.

As for exporting device info, the documentation is pretty comprehensive in that regard.

Maybe TTN is not the right platform for you - you might want to look at the TTI offerings - @rish1 can advise.

1 Like

Thanks Nick, the only reason I’m looking at the gateway traffic is to see if there are any issues, for example a device not behaving correctly and constantly hitting the gateway…I thought the DevAddr was unique to the device, and was created after otaa. Even if that’s not the case, something like being able to search in the main application page for a DevAddr would be helpful to filter out the particular device. This would also be great to search for a particular DevEUI, so that it doesn’t require entering each application to search for one in particular that’s perhaps unsuccessfully trying to negotiate. There’s no way of knowing which application the eui is residing.

There a potential endless number of management functions that could be implemented on the console that would rapidly turn it in to the bastard child of Microsoft Office meets SAP.

Your end point for uplinks could have a script that checks for an increase in transmissions from a device and as a database could provide a global search on any number of attributes.

The latter can be facilitated by an export of device data that you can then free text search. Checking the rate of uplinks for a device would still need a script to monitor it.

Is there a particular reason you need to monitor gateway logs to try to spot a rogue device? Not many of those logs are easy to read to see trends.

No doubt there could be an endless number of management functions, I’m just wondering if some more common ones could be useful for a number of users. I was assuming it would utilise the existing search function, not requiring a new one.
No particular reason other than when I’m looking at gateway live data and see a number of uplinks from a particular device, and it’s more than likely going to be one of my sensors, I’d like a quick way to find it. Currently that’s not possible within the console.