First setup with a SparkFun LoRa Gateway

Hello
i have a
SparkFun LoRa Gateway - 1-Channel (ESP32) which i would have it Inhouse. To Test and config some LoRa Sender. The Gateway should have LoRa and with WIFI to the HomeNetwork and out to TTN where it is registerd as a Gateway.

i wish to config it with the Arduino IDE.

the Problem i can’t find out how to setup, i can’t find a working example of the script/code to copy Paste it and modify to my need.
the device with only WiFi works fine and without Problems

Thanks for your feedbacks
have a nice day
vinc

Sorry to disappoint, however this hardware is not LoRaWAN compatible and should not be used for TTN. You can use it for a LoRa gateway, not LoRaWAN.

Hello @kersing
thanks for your feedback.
that was not what i did expect - sad.
So i would need a full LoraWANGateway at home for testing and configure the Lora Sender to work with ttn?
have a nice day
vinc

If you want to test if your nodes work properly on TTN then you need a proper gateway to test them.

Gateways are not expensive these days, The Things Network Indoor Gateway for instance.

If you want to be part of a LoRaWAN network you need LoRaWAN compliant hardware/software. Sadly some vendors (Sparkfun/Adafruit) have offerings that are non compliant but suggest they can be used anyway.

hello @kersing you get it what i have done “wrong”
so i should get something like that
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsindoor/index.html

or what would be a nice hat for a Raspberry Pi which is also able for NNT version3?

have a nice day
vinc

Look for something with an SPI-interfaced SX1301, SX1308, or SX1302 chip, and be sure to get the model specific to the frequency band TTN uses in your country/region.

europe 868 that is the easy part
for the chip i have to read - thanks @cslorabox