Gateway appears Disconnected and unable to connect a sensor

ahh… hmm… ok, it says 1.0.2 as you say in the manual… I could try some different versions maybe.

Manual is at 3.1, so software changed, so maybe LoRaWAN version also changed.

You were asked for the Join Request.

Please format your posts using the toolbar - and whilst you worry about the range, consider the volunteers answering on here are doing so because they have working knowledge. The 10m referred to you being too close to your own gateway.

But until we see the formatted details of a join request, we won’t know if your gateway heard it.

And no, you can’t find a gateway, join and then miraculously be in range once you get home - you are either in range or not. If it’s not working when you are at home, just joining is unlikely to have it uplinking when you get home. The only way to diagnose such a situation would be to have the JSON of the join request.

Ok, thanks! I hope this is the one you are thing of.

temperatur-sagene_live_data_1659802992203.json (1.4 KB)

You can poke in the dark a bit with the LoRaWAN version, but you have to create and delete the end device every time (mots probably the TTN server won’t like you either), change it every time you create it an wait for a few join request.

But 10m and a wall between the gateway and node.

Use the </> or in between 3 ``` to post code or json

1 Like

You hoped wrong - re-read the request above - and post it in the topic formatted with </> - makes it simpler to read if you’re on a mobile device.

1 Like

Ok, i´ll try to get it right this time. After som testing back and forth, the result is still the same. My personal gw is turned off, so the issue with being to close is no more. It could be that I am to far, but after a walk where I had a direct visual contact with the gw antenna on the roof, this should also not be the issue.

I do get some network errors as seen below, and a bunch of “Join-Cluster-Fail” whatever that mean. I´m btw back to version 1.0.2 as the documentation stated. The 1.0.3 does not have revision B and 1.0.4 did not give any other result. 1.1.0 requires NwSKey, which my unit don´t have, so that dont work.

tempsagene_live_data_1659857782293.json (15.0 KB)

{
  "time": "2022-08-07T07:25:19.554Z",
  "name": "synthetic.error.network_error",
  "isError": true,
  "isSynthetic": true,
  "unique_id": "synthetic.1659857119554",
  "data": {
    "error": "TypeError: network error"
  }
}

Not going to bother looking at that - a 15KB json file will have plenty several messages in - I’m happy to help but can’t spend time trawling through random data.

Please post as requested.

I am to patient.

This points me to your AppEUI/DevEUI/AppKey, I think your order of the bytes is incorrect, or the entire thing is wrong.

{
    "name": "ns.up.join.cluster.fail",
    "time": "2022-08-06T18:09:13.282073558Z",
    "identifiers": [
      {
        "device_ids": {
          "device_id": "eui-2cf7f12032400078",
          "application_ids": {
            "application_id": "tempsagene"
          }
        }
      }
    ],
    "context": {
      "tenant-id": "CgN0dG4="
    },
    "visibility": {
      "rights": [
        "RIGHT_APPLICATION_TRAFFIC_READ"
      ]
    },
    "unique_id": "01G9T5HKJ29C1FT5P55GWKG25N"
  }

As I said we can poke around in the dark, but with the correct information we maybe can get a solution.

Give it a year …

Probably always has in all this murk, but hard to tell.

2C-F7-F1 is registered to Seeed so that makes sense.

But that doesn’t mean the JoinEUI or AppKey are OK.

1 Like

hmm… it really should´t be. This is what I get when I do a Get request, and is exactly the same that I put in the console. (i have hidden the app key)

{
  "code": "0",
  "data": {
    "nodeEui": "2CF7F12032400078",
    "deviceCode": "4661481BA5F27EBD",
    "lorawanInformation": {
      "dev_eui": "2CF7F12032400078",
      "app_eui": "8000000000000009",
      "app_key": "hidden"
    }
  }
}

I also attached a small variant of the json file. It´s the same that repeats itself, but I wonder about the network failure that it states.

eui-2cf7f12032400078_live_data_1659887001050.json (4.4 KB)

Your failure to post the JSON in a format that can be read without a download plus all the to’ing & fro’ing and you turning off your gateway for no apparent reason is beginning to hit all the troll alerts on the Discourse admin panel.

If these are what you are getting, this is your web browser losing the connection to the TTN console - it restores itself automatically and only shows that your internet connection isn’t great. It has little to do with the issue at hand.

Either turn on your gateway and show us a join request or get near one - but please stop posting random things that won’t move this thread forward.

I am sorry that I don´t have the competense to answer you just the right way you want Nick. If you have´nt noticed I am quite a noob when it comes to LoraWAn and this forum. What i do have is a competanse in treating people with a proper politeness. Now please don´t bother with my stupid questions anymore, I have had proper help so far from other people in the forum.

We have asked you to give us the JSON for a Join Request inline, not as an attachment, several times now. You’ve shown you can put JSON in to a post. But we’ve made scant progress to seeing a Join Request and you keep attaching largish files that don’t provide the information to help you. It’s not impolite to say that you are not answering our questions that seek to help YOU, it’s trying to move this along entirely for your benefit.

And I appreciate the fact that you are trying to help me, I really do and NOW I think I understood what you were asking.

{
  "name": "js.join.accept",
  "time": "2022-08-07T16:39:32.128851420Z",
    {
        },
        "join_eui": "8000000000000009",
        "dev_addr": "260B0E68"
      }
    }
  ],
  "correlation_ids": [
    "rpc:/ttn.lorawan.v3.NsJs/HandleJoin:01G9WJT3GX9VV40X38H51BSYEP"
  ],
  "origin": "ip-10-100-6-236.eu-west-1.compute.internal",
  },
    ]
  },
  "unique_id": "01G9WJT3H0CB0KSNJ80FP51C4Q"
}

Close, but not a Join Request. The one before this console line.

Well there are really only 3 thing required to be configured between the Node and the End Device in the console.

1. AppEUI/DevEUI/AppKey (Order need to be correct, LSB/MSB)
  2. Frequency plan
  3. LoRaWAN version/Regional Parameters version
    4.You need to take heed not to overload the RX on the Gateway or the Node, thus the 10m plus and brick wall separation.

Yes there are 1000 other things can be messed up, but what I have seen, these are the 3 common things, especially with over the counter nodes.

Ok, 11th time is the charm… :upside_down_face:

{
  "name": "js.join.accept",
  "time": "2022-08-08T13:59:40.649445383Z",
    {
        },
        "join_eui": "8000000000000009",
        "dev_addr": "260BB67F"
      }
    }
  ],
  "correlation_ids": [
    "rpc:/ttn.lorawan.v3.NsJs/HandleJoin:01G9YW23V1PDKZ5PB3W97X2NE3"
  ],
  "origin": "ip-10-100-5-104.eu-west-1.compute.internal",
  },
    ]
  },
  "unique_id": "01G9YW23V9JDMP91TGE6XSXDQB"
}

Still a big no. It’s the Join Request, like I’ve said several times, including 20h’s ago - that’s almost a day you’ve not made progress now:

Well, somehow it suddenly went online, and I am not sure why… It´s going to be exciting to see if the device stays online. And during the last 20 hours I have been sleeping and been to work, so not able to work on the 24 hours a day.