Gateway ic980

Hello I’m trying to create a gateway following this tutorial: Home · ttn-zh/ic880a-gateway Wiki · GitHub
Is this too old for the new update? I have tried to connect the gateway but it shows as disconnected. I tried to upload a JSON file named as your gateway EUI (e.g. B827EBFFFE7B80CD.json) in the Gateway Remote Config repository (GitHub - ttn-zh/gateway-remote-config: Provides settings for TTN gateways that receive their settings automatically on start.) but nothing is happening. Also, What’s the difference between the remote configuration option and the local one?

Thank you,

Omar

Have similar configurations in the form of e.g. iMST Lite GW, getting it onto V3 keeping UDP packet forwarder was easy - if you have similar config edit the local_config.json file associated with the active packet forwarder to simply change the target TTN server (eu1.cloud.thethings.network for EMEA), in my case IIRC it was in /opt/ttn-gateway/bin, if needed for your packet forwarder, swap the server key from current V2 version to a new one created in V3 (create API key - link as gateway… option) - basic ttn-zh/ iMST forwarder didn’t need one, tidy up any loose/un-needed lines in the code (I had none of issue in my basic iMST set up, vs some of my more complex Pi Based builds) and reboot - should be good to go (Make sure Require Authenticated Connection is unchecked in General Settings of GW’s V3 console)

Awesome, thank you so much!!! I will do that. Can you explain what the Gateway Remote Config repository is and how it works?