Gateway with EUI is already registered

Have you tried re-registering just over writing the gateway ID offered by the system with something of use to you and less cryptgraphc than an incremented eui #? e.g. aliahs-gw-no1 as GW ID’s cannot be reused.

yes. I have tried it. first I registerd my gatway with hardware ID 353036203A002E00. After that I deleted my gateway and I tried to add it with new gateway ID. now I receive this message:
A gateway with EUI 353036203A002E00 is already registered (by you or someone else) as ***************** (each gateway ID I try to write)

Capture
I have got a LtAP LR8 LTE kit with hardware ID 353036203A002E00

my gateway list

Where are you? Which cluster have you logged into/previously registered into/deleted from?

I see from that this eui is indeed registered - but as EU frq plan on the AU cluster…

https://mapper.packetbroker.net/api/v2/gateways/netID=000013,tenantID=ttn,id=eui-353036203a002e00

If you power your unit up it may appear online in that link - in which case you may need to change custer to manage…if it doesnt come onine then ikely a different unit and further investigation will be needed.

I had a another account with aliahmadi9371@gmail.com and I registered 353036203A002E00 to this account. I deleted this account and yesterday I signed up a new account with dash.ali.1371@gmail.com. in the new account I could add 353036203A002E00 once and after that I deleted this gateway and when I want to add this gateway with another I receive this message:

A gateway with EUI 353036203A002E00 is already registered (by you or someone else) as eui-353036203a002e01

now I can not sign in or sign up with aliahmadi9371@gmail.com and in all of the cluster in the new account (dash.ali.1371@gmail.com) there is no gateway and I can not add 353036203A002E00 as a gateway.

when I try to log in with my previous account (aliahmadi9371@gmail.com) I receive this message:
The page you requested cannot be found

when I try to sign up with my previous account (The page you requested cannot be found):
A user with provided email address or username already exists

in the new account (dash.ali.1371@gmail.com) there is not any gateways in all of my cluster

The Forum volunteers have no account access so you will need to appeal to the TTI Core team to unravel your little pickle. You should reach out on the #support channel of the things slack… :wink: Good luck!

1 Like

Previously i managed to set up the gateway and i connected to my mobile hotspot on RAK website from the IP address given. Then i went to the TTN Network and it managed to connect as well but the status could only be classfied as other clusters but it managed to connect to my mobile hotspot. A few hrs later, I got a problem jn with the gateway and when i tested the connection again it didnt wanna connect to my hotspot anymore but can only connect at the RAK but not the TTN and other websites so what i did is that i removed the gateway from TTN and deleted my TTN account and then i created another account using my own email account and when i wanted to register the gateway it says the gateway ID already exists…is there a way to solve this problem?

regular issue called out by users, ID - rather than EUI - can only be used once (not released when deleted). forum search for the win but tl:dr is change the id when you re-register…

Hi I have been trying to register the registered gateway using different ID but it says that A gateway with EUI 60C5A8FFFE766378 is already registered (by you or someone else) as eui-60c5a8fffe766378. What should I do now? Pls help…

What is the provinence of your GW? Did you buy it second hand or was it given to you? Did you look at the full error message?

If so you will have seen admin contact listed as “roselleroni”

Whilst a quick search didnt reveal a TTN Forumite of that user name @roselleroni there is likely a TTN main user with that handle - perhaps you can reach out to them here (use Contact button to message them)

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/u/roselleroni

and ask if they mis-typed details (it happens sometimes) - perhaps they can then delete? Or they can clariy if original owner of a device with that EUI?

I am just getting started with TTN,LoRa and LoRaWAN. I had trouble setting up my Gateway and deleted it without realizing that I wouldnt be able to reregister the same EUI. I finally managed to overcome my troubles only to realize that changing the EUI was impossible and registering the Gateway was now entirely out of my reach since the EUI is burned. I read in several posts on github and here that an Administrator of TTN can release EUIs. How do I contact an administrator of TTN without paying 200$ a month for a basic support plan?

Search forum (). Note gw eui =/= gw id …. Read error message carefully.
(
) start 2 posts above :wink:

When you delete a gateway the EUI is released for re-use. I think you carefully need to reread the error message and choose a different ID when reregistering the gateway. The ID can be freely chosen by you (just delete the suggestion that was prefilled).

A forum search would have suggested this already as this issue comes up once a week on average…

Why would that be appropriate??

If your car breaks down, do you expect the garage to fix it for free??

The Things Network does not have professional support. I think what you mean is the support plan for The Things Stack Cloud or Enterprise deployments.

For The Things Network, one of the admins have to arbitrate this.

I finally managed to overcome my troubles only to realize that changing the EUI was impossible and registering the Gateway was now entirely out of my reach since the EUI is burned.

I don’t get this part. What is the error message? If you delete a gateway, the EUI is released.

No, I dont. I guess TTN doesnt need the coverage then. I am simply gonna run my GW privately.
@Jeff: Thanks for the Hint.
@kersing: Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly I havent managed to connect my GW to TTN. I can send up and downlink messages on my ChirpOS just fine when run though. I will simply not bother with TTN. I appreciate the Help though.

If read the topic from the top, you’d know that the EUI is not burned.

The documentation for TTS also says this.

It always does, in a community spirit sort of way.

Us helping you would be a lot easier with more information. Exact error messages for starters. It feels like you’re now implying we are to blame when we don’t have the information to be able to provide more detailed help.