Gemtek Indoor Femto LoRaWAN Gateway - Anyone else using one?

Could you tell us in more detail how to do this? There is not even a place to enter the code. The firmware is designed for IoT in a Box and is very limited; in fact, only the network is available.

Ok looks like I can’t help that much, sorry.
Mine came direct from Gemtek
Where did you purchase from?
Think as you have established the stumbling block is it’s flashed for mDevices.

If your in EU https://www.comms365.com/ are the importer you might want to try them.
If by chance your going to TTN Conf. Gemtek or Browan as they called now are there.

If you do hit a brick wall I will ask Gemteck directly for you.

do you have access to Gemtek’s firmware for the device? I’m wondering if we flash the mydevices gateway with the Gemtek firmware we may be able to unlock things?

1 Like

Sorry no
FWM update done via the Admin UI

Its Working.

Cheers mate.

Any updates on the firmware? I have a IoT In A box firmware also, and would like to flash the original firmware. I contacted GemTek and no response…

no luck, if you buy from a proprietary seller like MyDevices (never again!) you get locked into their proprietary firmware, get locked out of many features, and have a useless brick.

I did reach out to them, and they said that we can re-flash the device to restore the original settings. However, we would need to obtain the firmware from Gemtek.

Ugh…

Jesse. How are you brother.
I bought this device two years ago in Philippines and somehow forgot about it in boxes. I want to use it now and I found that I have no documents for instructions. How do I connect it to internet? How do I configure it to work? I am new to IoT and I thought this device would help me learn hands on. But can’t find information even on the company website. There is a hint on its product information that you can use USB dongle for internet. I connected a 3G dongle to its USB connector but it kept on searching network forever.
I think I should at least know how to set up the hardware before I start thinking how to connect it to TTN.
Can you advice?
Thank you in advance

Any updates on this?
I have excatly the same menu options as skyden, with a Kernel version: 3.10.14
Firmware version: WLRGFM-100-Mydevices.LoRa.EU.1.00.26

The menu does not provide any options at all regarding entering code, etc.

Any updated on how to make this device work with TTN? Has anyone had success?

Hello, I am also using the GEMTEK indoor femto gateway and I just added it to TTN via the EUI code, however I do not see it going into connected mode. Do we need a specific waiting period? Did I miss a step? Firmware is locked for me too because buy through myDevices.

Hi @OPTIMIZ-NETWORK, did you add 4x “0” in front of our EUI? Is your port set to 1700? what is the TTN end point you entered? See my previous post on setup for TTN.

Hello @Vinduino
I have the 4x0000 before the EUI code on the other hand I did not configure the gateway as presented on your documentation because I do not have access to the GioT and packet forward menu …
I don’t know how to access these menus !?

@ OPTIMIZ-NETWORK
Unlock support should come from the company that sold you the gateway.
As “plan B” here is something that may work if your gateway is NOT the EU version.
You can try a factory reset and enter a new provision code for TTN US 915 or TTN AU915.
This works on my Femto gateways, but as your menu is locked I cannot guarantee success.

The provision code for the USA is 880122001840
The provision code for AU915-928 (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, New Zealand) is: AE8722001036

1 Like

@Vinduino Thanks, I have approached myDevices but they cannot provide me with the base firmware. How do you carry out the factory reset? I did a reset from the button on the back but the firmware remains the same.

@ OPTIMIZ-NETWORK try factory reset by connecting power while pushing the reset for a longer period simultaneously.

I successfully connected the gateway by modifying a configuration file via SSH, here is the procedure for those who have a myDevices gateway :

1. connected to its hidden WiFi AP

2. Once you are connected, you need to SSH into the gateway using:

user: root
password: mydevices@last_four_hex_mac

So if the MAC printed on bottom of the gateway is 12345ABCDE, then the password is mydevices@BCDE

1. Once connected there, you can edit /app/cfg/global_conf.json and replace the URL for our server with the TTN one that you want to use.

I tried but the password as you wrote doesn’t work, I’ve firmware 3.00.25 kernel 3.10.14
I connected to the open wifi, ssh to 192.168.55.1 with user root and used mydevices@, tried both lowercase and uppercase but with no success :frowning:

@marziniconsulting Is this a gateway purchase from MyDevices?

Yes it is