Getting error adding (migrating) new device from TTN v2

Hi guys
I´m migrating some devices from TTN V2 to TTS V3.
There is an application with 3 devices. Two devices was migrated without issues, but when try to add the first device i get this error:

An end device with JoinEUI 70B3D57ED00419B2 and DevEUI 0004A30B001A2BBD is already registered as e8faca3c-f0d4-41f6-a5c4-a02de56d6373 in application 06a6de0370f4d8a0

I have only 1 application added and only 2 devices.
I have checked all parameters and are correct.

Devices is added manually, and is a Things Uno, with RN2903A, with firmware upgraded to AU915 frequency band (used in Argentina).

The error sound as some previosly added device, was not deleted totally.

Can someone help me with this issue? @laurens ?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Müller
TTN PARANÁ INITIATOR

Changing the DEVEUI, any digit for example, the device is add without error.
So, is as the device is currently registered by someone, but i´m sure about the DEVEUI, i have verified again.
:confused:

If i try to add twice the same devices already registered, the right name for device and app is show in the error:

An end device with JoinEUI 70B3D57ED00419B2 and DevEUI 0004A30B001A2E9C is already registered as things-uno-2 in application things-uno-boards

But when try to add the device with the issue , only hexadecimal numbers are referenced as application and device name. :confused: :crazy_face:

An end device with JoinEUI 70B3D57ED00419B2 and DevEUI 0004A30B001A2BBD is already registered as e8faca3c-f0d4-41f6-a5c4-a02de56d6373 in application 06a6de0370f4d8a0

The error is more likely that someone else has registered this combination of DevEUI & App/JoinEUI.

@laurens won’t hear you as his ears will be full of sea water at present.

Thankfully, otherwise we could all learn each others device & application names.

Is there the possibility of changing the AppEUI in the device firmware?

1 Like

Hi Descartes, thanks by your reply

Good idea, Yes, of course I can change the APPEUI. I will try changing it.
The APPEUI used was the generated in TTN V2, before migration, but i think that can change it.

I think that was me the someone that registered it previously, but with some errors due I was learning how to setup parameters in TTS then i add and delete the device several times before. I think that this add / delete sequence may have corrupted the database.

Hi Nick @descartes

Excellent your suggestion to change the APPEUI, with that minor change it allowed me to register it and it is working. Thank you

Maybe if the TTS core team can check the error data, to see if it was not a database corruption, it would be important.

Regards

Hugo

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.