Getting started with RPi4B and LoRa Node pHat // error 99: LoRa join failed

Hi all,
I am trying to connect my RPi4B to TTN by using pHat but I am having some troubles. I followed the steps mentioned here GitHub - AmedeeBulle/pyrak811: RAK811 Python 3 library for Raspberry Pi but when I try to join the network , it gives error 99: LoRa join failed.

Setttings in TTN
Frequency plan Europe 863-870 MHz
LoRaWAN version LoRaWAN Specification 1.0.2
Regional Parameters version RP001 Regional Parameters 1.0.2 revision B

(I could not be sure LoRaWAN and Regional Parameters because I could not find any info for which version should I use)

AppEUI 0000000000000001 (Also no info about AppEUI and decided to try 00…01 because all zeros causes an error Invalid Parameters)

I got the DevEUI with below command
rak811v3 get-config lora:status | grep DevEui

and generated an APP Key.

rak811 version and firmware version are below.
rak811v3, version 0.8.5
V3.0.0.14.H

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

What gateway do you use, what is the distance to this gateway?

Actually I was just following the tutorial and nothing explained about gateways. Do I need a setup my own gateway? Also I could not find any settings or something to link my end device to a gateway in TTN Application page.

Depending on where you are located, where are you?

Eindhoven, Netherlands

The tutorial for the RAK811 is for setting up the RAK811 - there are so many more parts to the LoRaWAN jigsaw.

If you scroll to the top of the page, the Learn link will take you to the minimum amount of information you need to be successful with LoRaWAN, covering all the key concepts like how gateways aren’t linked to devices - it’s not WiFi!