Good day everyone,
I am pretty new to Lora(wan) and I was wondering if I could use Lora(wan) to track a fleet of sailboats in a regatta. Most tracking software companies are very expensive, some use GPRS, some use 868 MHz (Lora) to receive GPS data from each participating boat.
- Is it possible to modify a tracking system to update it’s posistion every second?
- Is it allowed to send that amount of data (battery life is not my concern, it should last 6-8 hours)
- How many receiver / gateways would I need to track approx 60 boats?
- Should I create my own Lora network or could I use LoraWan (I own concentrators from Dragino)
- Which GPS tracking devices would you recommend?
I would like to develop a much cheaper way to track boats in a race, the races usually take place max 3-4 km out of shore. In most cases, there is no issue setting up antenna’s and Lora receivers locally (so LoraWan would not be absolutely needed)
Thanks for your help.