Grafana / telegraf integration

I would like to visualize my node data in grafana, using telegraf. Unfortunately I’m struggling with the telegraf mqtt input.

I have properly entered the username, password and topic for the mqtt input plugin, but I think either nothing is received or I don’t see it. When I use mosquitto_sub, I properly see messages coming in, so I have all variables correct.

Does anybody have some experience with that? I’m running that on azure in a debian container. Is there any way to make the log output of the container more verbose?

Any hint is appreciated. I couldn’t find anything in the forum or google, which talks about telegraf and ttn.

Thanks!

Solved, the issue was simply a clientID with an underscore in the telegraf config. Apparently this was causing issues, now it works fine.

Good to hear it works. Did you document you setup somewhere online or would you mind sharing it somewhere?

Not yet, I’ll do some more polishing and then I’ll write it up somewhere. Should I just do it here in the Forum or where is a good place for that?

If you’ve got your own blog/site you’re of course more than welcome to do it there and link it.
You could also submit it as a lab story here
If it still is work in progress you could post it here first and ask for feedback / comments from others before posting it as a lab.