A recommended battery cut-off of 3.0V is what you will find if you Google it. The Internet can be wrong of course, but its difficult to find anyone recommending 2.4v as the cutoff.
Commercial equipment using LiPos does nopt rely on these very low cutoffs, your phone, tablet or laptop will typically shut down gracefully when the battery is low, likley between 3.3v to 3.0v. Wonder why this is ?
LiPos, when used with properly designed battery mananagement circuits, such as in phones, tablets and laptops, are safe enough and if the battery has an additional protection circuit fitted as well its a useful backstop in case the devices chargeing circuits fail, which can happen.
I also question whether LiPos are a good choice for nodes which will in general be expected to operate un-attended and un-observed for long periods. I don’t know of another battery technology that can spontaneously burst into flames some time after receiving a shock, being dropped for instance, its happened to me several times.
If hobbyists fully understand how to manage and care for LiPos and understand the risks involved then by all means use them, but it seems that all too often the prime consideration is cheapness.