How to connect Utrecht E&A exhibition KISS LoRa to TTN?

Hello, who is in possession of the KISS LoRa? At the E & A exhibition in Utrecht, I saw that the gadget worked and was connected to my accounts. Now I’m not getting connected to the LoRa network.

I am a hobbyist who is still in the early stages of electronics, sorry. Who can help me?

Where are you located? Is there a TTN gateway in your vicinity?
(My gadget works well at home, I know I am near a gateway as there is one in the attic)

can’t help you
I have almost the same problem: collected the gadget and at the ttn stand it was connected to my account.
I saw blue light flashing but could not check data coming in on my iphone (site would not load)
At home in Apeldoorn i used my PC to look at the data but no data at all.

i switched the gadget off and on and since that moment i looks if the gadget is “dead”
tried all the positions of the rotary switch but no response of the board

This afternoon I took the gadget near one of the gateways in Apeldoorn.
Same result

Any tips are welcome.

Best Regards

Jelle

PS:
After disconnecting Battery and USB the gadget seems to be alive: at position 0 I see every 20 sec blue light flashing.
after 3 minutes i saw in the data log a connection
In total i got 9 data packages st intervals between 30 sec …2 minutes and now no data is coming in anymore.

so one step in the good direction :slight_smile:

Jelle

PS I read the phrase " RTFM" but could not find it (besides the leaflet)

I am also experiencing issues. I have two of them, my companion gave his gadget to me. I believe something might have gone wrong when commissioning.
(Is there a way to recommission the gadget, either à la terminal at the exhibition or manual?)

I would love to see some more information, maybe a ‘real’ manual?

Had the same issue. Took off the battery. Connected to a usb and @ out TTN gateway (croonwolterendros limburglaan) Eindhoven now it is still working… best regards koen van agtmaal

1 Like

Hi,

I can tell from experience that

• The gadget only works after a succesfull OTAA personalisation. So; coverage is mandatory.
  • OTAA is difficult to obtain on low coverage area’s.
  • It sometimes the gadget hangs with the default software.
  • ABP in the gadget also works fine.
  • By reading the serial data it can easily be seen if the gadget is working or not.

The original code is reading the hardware ID and using that for TTN registration. When using ABP and the original code retrieve the hardware ID form the serial port and use it at registration.

1 Like

thx pe1mew for your answer
yesterday night i received after removing battery etc only 9 records
thjs morning the gadget seems not to respond any more (no blinking transmission led)

question 1 how can i read the serial data .
question 2 how to rest the gadget
question 3 function like eg mood light are the only working in case of coverage

Same problem here. Commissioning went well. But on the website it keeps saying waiting for data.

But it seems the gadget is working. Every 10-20 seconds the blue light is blinking, so it is sending data.

Would be nice to the commissioning step at home.

Same problem here.
How to connect with Arduino IDE?
Where can i find/download the source code?

Thanks!

I forgot to commission for step 5 on my order-picking list at the EA-fair in Utrecht. Tried commissioning here in my office but do not understand how to do this myself without the hardware.

Is it perhaps the LoRa network where the problem occurs?

Did you look at https://github.com/TheThingsIndustries/KISSLoRa-demo ?

1 Like

Thanks mvdswaluw!

I have the repo cloned, and I already re-uploaded the sketch. I also did some testing using serial, e.g. get debug info and used the info from the source to set some keys. But the gadget is still unseen in the console and the second gadget I have has only been seen when at the exhibit.

I am now at work in Utrecht and there should be some coverage there, I reckon.

I keep getting the ‘Join not accepted: denied
Check your coverage, keys and backend status.’ errors

Correct, I guess no coverage here in my rural area where cellphone coverage and the absense of fibre is also an issue.

@Jelle007

1. Plug your USB cable in to a PC and connect a terminal at 11500. You can also use Arduini terminal window
  2. Switch off an on for or erase using avrdude for removing the code
  3. Yes. because a successfull join trough OTAA has te be made, You need pretty good coverage for a quick join using OTAA. Else it will take some time before the node switches down to eventually SF12. To know your local coverage look at ttnmapper.org

The bootloader is from Sparkfun. you can find a good description in de repository.

I have changed (in the sketch, with the values from TTN Console) :
static const char *devAddr
static const char *nwkSKey
static const char *appSKey
But I still didn’t see data on the site.

I also didn’t see a red flash if no connection or an green flash if connection with TTN. The blue LoRa led is blinking every 20 sec. (I live in Amsterdam.)
Data on the terminal is ok.
By the way, strange that the values were wrong.

Oke I am having some issues with this device…
Run the sketch which I download it from Github…
It sends data ( I see it through the Serial monitor) but only the first measurement is displayed on the thingnetwork site…
So every 20 seconds orso I see the blue light… and I see the data in the terminal window with the message successful transmission…

Anybody an idea???

Oke right now I get the message mac joinotaa and denied check your coverage, keys and backend status…