How to remove TTN from a MultiTech Conduit

I have installed the TTN software on my Conduit and have everything working. Now I want to go back to the default operation of the Conduit. How do I disable the TTN network server and return to the default MultiTech network server? I have tried stopping the TTN server with “/etc/init.d/ttn-pkt-forwarder stop”, which stops the service, but it restarts when the Conduit reboots. How do I completely disable the TTN software and get the default LoRa software running again?

First hit on google:
http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/multiconnect-conduit-platform/conduit/resetting-the-device/

1 Like

Thanks, but that doesn’t restore all the software to its original state. The reset only restores some of the configuration settings to their default, i.e. network IP address, DNS, etc. After I restored the basic configuration to get it back on my network, the LoRa functionality was still not working. What files are changed by the TTN install? Is there any “uninstall” script that can be run?

Which installer (and instructions) have you used to install the software? (Uninstalling depends on what has been installed)

I used these directions:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/multitech/aep.html

I was able to get it working again by re-installing the factory FW again, and then rebuild my environment again. It would be helpful to have a simpler method to switch between networks during development and testing.

1 Like

Due to the different models and firmware versions creating and maintaining such a method would require considerable effort. Resetting the gateway to factory settings (including reinstall of the firmware) takes less than 10 minutes so would it be worth the investment? If so, are you volunteering to invest time in it?

1 Like

For me the easiest method has been to do a firmware update on the gateway, even if it was already running the latest firmware. It seems to get rid of TTN but keep all the other configuration in place, like IP settings and so forth.

I had the same issue, I’d like to uninstall the ttn packet forwarder. I tried reseting it, but it seems that it is still there. Is there any option to remove it ?

The firmware upgrade method is recommended to reset any changes to the file system.

Another option will keep the TTN configuration options put change the init scripts to use the original packet forwarders. This can be used to allow dual cards in a Conduit connecting to TTN. See the last section on this page for details.
http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/configuring-two-lora-cards-on-a-conduit/

I tried the firmware upgrade, but I still have a ttn-packet-forwarder in my /etc/init.d

I’m sorry I didn’t understand which part I should change from the link you gave. Do you think I should manually change the ttn-packet-forwarder script ?

Thank you

We did the same thing, reinstalled the firmware, the gateway still shows connected to TTN.

Thank you!

Hi Justine,

Which gateway you are using?

We are facing the same issue.

I’m using MTCDT-LEU1-247A-868 model

Why is ttn providing an installer, but does not provide a real solution to uninstall it ?
It seems that the reset/firmware upgrade only changes a part of the settings.

Hi Justine,

Sad it requires firmware upgrade to disconnect ttn from gateway.
Need to wait for 15-20 minutes after firmware is upgraded.

It finally worked for me by passing to version 1.7.4

For information, I got an answer from multitech support. Maybe it will help someone.

a. Issue the following command to disable the ttn packet forwarder on boot.

update-rc.d -f ttn-pkt-forwarder remove

cd /var/config/lora/

rm global_conf.json

Reboot the box, and then issue the command: ps aux

to make sure the ttn is not running. Then Setup -> Lora -> Network Server. Click on the 'Submit' button.

Then do: ps aux

again to confirm the Multitech lora-network-server is running.

b. To switch back to ttn mode, do item# a - but before do the ‘Save and Restart’ issue the command:

update-rc.d -f ttn-pkt-forwarder start 95 0 5 . <--You must enter the dot too.

to add the ttn packet forwarder to start on boot again.

Reboot the box, issue the command: ps aux

to confirm that only ttn packet forwarder is running.