I do not have registered gateway but it says gateway already exists

Hi, I’m trying to claim a gateway, but when I try and submit, it says that the EUI is not registered.

Claim is only for TTIG. Is your gateway a TTIG? For other gateways use ‘Add gateway’.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the response. I managed to sort it out.

The problem I currently have is that Im trying to send a “hello world” message to the gateway, but the message coming across isn’t in hexdecimal format. I’m not sure how to fix it

Just responded to similar query, see response here, it may inspire:

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/uplink-message-how-to-see-data/52878/2?u=descartes

At some point someone will come along and tell you that sending text is very inefficient. They will be incorrect. It’s HUGELY inefficient. But you are just running a test sketch for now, but something to consider changing.

1 Like

Hi I’ve tried to do a Base64 decode, but didn’t help. This is the uplink message that the gateway receives, I hope this helps you identify where I am going wrong.

{
  "name": "gs.up.receive",
  "time": "2021-11-03T09:27:19.783579491Z",
  "identifiers": [
    {
      "gateway_ids": {
        "gateway_id": "prototype-test"
      }
    },
    {
        "gateway_id": "prototype-test",
        "eui": "58A0CBFFFE8028D9"
      }
    }
  ],
  "data": {
    "@type": "type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.UplinkMessage",
    "raw_payload": "AAAAAAAAAAAAE3kE0H7Vs3DyppIKKaE=",
    "payload": {
      "m_hdr": {},
      "mic": "kgopoQ==",
      "join_request_payload": {
        "join_eui": "0000000000000000",
        "dev_eui": "70B3D57ED0047913",
        "dev_nonce": "A6F2"
      }
    },
    "settings": {
      "data_rate": {
        "lora": {
          "bandwidth": 125000,
          "spreading_factor": 7
        }
      },
      "coding_rate": "4/5",
      "frequency": "868300000",
      "timestamp": 4245698779,
      "time": "2021-11-03T09:27:19.598915100Z"
    },
    "rx_metadata": [
      {
          "gateway_id": "prototype-test",
          "eui": "58A0CBFFFE8028D9"
        },
        "time": "2021-11-03T09:27:19.598915100Z",
        "timestamp": 4245698779,
        "rssi": -25,
        "channel_rssi": -25,
        "snr": 10,
        "location": {
          "latitude": xxxxxxx
          "longitude": xxxxxx
          "source": "SOURCE_REGISTRY"
        },
        "uplink_token": "ChwKGgoOcHJvdG90eXBlLXRlc3QSCFigy//+gCjZENvxwOgPGgwI96uJjAYQ/YrL9QIg+K74ush7"
      }
    ],
    "received_at": "2021-11-03T09:27:19.783467901Z",
    "correlation_ids": [
      "gs:conn:01FKJDY0BQP03VW9D31Q85KP54",
      "gs:uplink:01FKJHZKZ7WHTNGFGWTQXFTAB2"
    ]
  },
  "correlation_ids": [
    "gs:conn:01FKJDY0BQP03VW9D31Q85KP54",
    "gs:uplink:01FKJHZKZ7WHTNGFGWTQXFTAB2"
  ],
  "origin": "ip-10-100-12-39.eu-west-1.compute.internal",
  "context": {
    "tenant-id": "CgN0dG4="
  },
  "visibility": {
    "rights": [
      "RIGHT_GATEWAY_TRAFFIC_READ",
      "RIGHT_GATEWAY_TRAFFIC_READ"
    ]
  },
  "unique_id": "01FKJHZKZ7C2FKDN655N3F8K9K"
}

That’s a gateway “I received an uplink” message.

It’s NOT a device uplink message. You need to look at the application or device data. Which implies some reading of the docs would help - linked bottom-right on the console.

Plus forum posting guidelines

1 Like

Gud Evening Sir I have Registered my gateway in The things network But It shows not connected so I deleted the gateway from my account and added it but it shows gateway id is already taken.How can I recover it Sir??

My Gateway EUI is B8 27 EB FF FF 34 1E 46

That is Gateway EUI (RPi build?) NOT Gateway ID - this is something you can choose based on own needs vs immutable EUI…e.g. Gateway ID = jeffsnextfantasticttngw or gwinnorthofficeblockxyz - just choose something that others may not have used/thought of gateway ID = mygateway or ttngw1 may well have been used by someone else!

1 Like

Problem is not with the gateway id name sir, I have mistakenly deleted the gateway… how can I add my existing gateway again sir?

You cant

Add it again with a new Gateway ID (name)?..

1 Like

Ok sir Thank you Sir

I have created again sir…Thank you so much sir for your Guidance sir

Can you help me? I made a new account and register the gateway, then when I tried to claim it said: gateway with EUI B827EBFFFE49E1A2 already exists and is not authorized for claiming.
Maybe in end of 2018 or early 2019 me or my friend registered the RAK831 Pilot. Thank you very much!

Is it a TTIG or a RAK gateway - you only claim a TTIG, all others you just register.

1 Like

This is a RAK831 gateway. I deleted and registered again, I made the setup but It’s always show disconnected. I don’t really understand, the raspberry pi is online.

As Nick says be sure to register vs claim. Cant see the Eui listed under either V2 (as may have been last time) or V3 currently…sure you got EUI details correct? Which s/w are you using? Which PF? Have you updated target server details in global/local config to reflect TTN(CE) aka TTN V3?

1 Like

First of all thank you for your help!

I made the video tutorial “LoRa/LoRaWAN tutorial 28: LoRaWAN Gateway (LoRa/LoRaWAN tutorial 28: LoRaWAN Gateway - YouTube)”
use the preinstalled raspbian linux 10 (buster) :http:/downloads.rakwireless.com/LoRa/RAK831-Pilot-Gateway/Firmware/ on a Rasberry PI 3B+.

The preinstalled OS has two program in the /opt/ttn-gateway directory:

1. githubcom/Lora-net/lora_gateway (version 5.0.1)
  2. githubcom/Lora-net/packet_forwarder (version 4.0.1)

My EUI (from ip link show eth0 modified with fffe token) is set in the local_conf.json, and I overwrite the global_conf.json with this file githubcom/TheThingsNetwork/gateway-conf/blob/master/EU-global_conf.json

In the packet_forwarder directory I found tests, that I compiled. I run the util_tx_test, I think everything is fine, beceause I leave it and sent more than 500 packages.

I run raspi-config, set the wifi, localisation settings, disable the AP, interfacing (SPI) options.

I run the gateway-config, setup RAK Gateway Channel Plan to Server is TTN, EU_863_870.

The network is good, internet is online, I registered the gateway B827EBFFFE49E1A2 but it shows always disconnected.

I don’t know what to do, please help!
Thank you!

I know some of the RAK s/w ends up abandonware with many not having been updated to reflect V2 vs V3…I dont have time to follow links and check right now so perhaps you check global/local_conf.json file to ensure pointing at your local V3 TTN cluster (e.g. eu. … for EMEA) not the old V2 server (router. …) This may be an issue for the old 831 based builds. Its easy to adapt and retarget v3 so no panic! :wink: I have several Pilots and equivalent various Pi+831 builds of my own that bypass the RAK s/w…

2 Likes

Thank you very much! That was the problem the server address, I set and restart and successfully connected! Thank you again!