IC880A-SPI Packet Forwarder-Private Server

Hi Guys
I have been running the lorawan gateway with the IC880A board for a while now, and works great. I am now trying to create my own server sing the semtech lora protocol. The server im using is this one running on a pi. https://github.com/gotthardp/lorawan-server With Credits to Petr gotthardp. as far as I understand it if both servers are using the Semtech protocal then the standard TTN packet forwarder should work with the private server on my network.

In the /opt/ttn-gateway/packet_forwarder/basic_pkt_fwd there is a global_config.json file that need to be configured to point to my local server which i did. It still doe not work. it doesnt matter what i change in this file it will not connect to local server. but if I start up TTN console the gateway connects and communicates 100%

Has someone tried doing this with standard TTN packet forwarder ? what do i need to change ?

This is what you need:
1/ Install your private backend, start it
2/ Change the server IP and port in /opt/ttn-gateway/bin/local_conf.json (not global_conf.json!)
3/ Restart the gateway with service restart ttn-gateway

If your LoRa router is not on the same machine than the gateway, don’t forget to check your firewall config either.

If you have other questions, you should go on #private-backend on Slack.

Gig

I have changed the IP in both Local and Global, Still does not work, as for restarting the server. does rebooting the Pi not equal the same as restarting the TTN gateway via command ?

I ask this here because it has a relevence to TTN still as I eventually want to run the gateways to speak to both TTN and local private server for data storage and redundancy. (Pi with external Harddrive )

Only change the address in the local_conf.json file, leave the other file as is.
Rebooting the gateway will restart the service, of course, but it’s faster to use “sudo service ttn-gateway restart”

Hello everyone! I am also trying to create my own server using the semtech lora protocol.

As concentrator, i use IMST’s IC880A-SPI (connected to a Raspberry 3) and the server i intend to use is https://github.com/brocaar/loraserver.

As @Rustie0125 asked is anyway to use TTN packet forwarder in order to work with private server on my network?

Are both server using the same protocol?

Thanks in advance,
Nikos.