Inactive twitter-feed on all campaign-sites

Hello,

I have a question about the campaign pages. Is it only me who is bothered by it or has everyone else already come to terms with it?

We try to keep the pages reasonably up-to-date, and then there’s the Twitter feed at the bottom right. This would be - at least for COM’s active on Twitter - a great chance to bring current points to the page. Unfortunately, the most recent post on the page will soon celebrate its first birthday (although there are definitely more current posts on Twitter).

I think there are two options.

a) Fix the problem (yes, I know there are certainly reasons for the current situation) or
b) hide the feed until it works again.

What do you think?

Steffen

5 Likes

Great idea…

Hello TTN,

Noticing would be a start, reacting would be progress and fixing or deactivating would be a solution.

Is there anything new on the subject → ToTheTop!

Steffen

1 Like

There will be a whole pile of people, including me, who haven’t got the least clue what you are referring to, so if you want to get some people behind this, perhaps you could give a bit more detail.

And as community minded as you are, if you hung around the forum a bit more you’ll know that we are all TTN.

If you want TTI’s attention, there are other channels for that.

The key point being

Assuming by COMs you mean Communities… then frankly many TTNers are not active users of scrotal meeja (in this context even if used in their wider lives) and many (most?) Communities are not actively using the facilities, but they are there for those who choose to so if you feel the need please knock yourself and use as you feel :slight_smile: … I don’t think any of the Communities I have set up use it and only a few of the ones where I have signed up as additional contributor have used or have mejia channels set up, and even then many haven’t seen activity for months (year’s?). Maybe it’s a pandemic thing and folk are less engaged with the local communities due to no Meet-ups etc.?

As Nick highlights we are (all) TTN or as the strapline says “you are the network” so if you wish to be active with these services you can always lead from the front and perhaps demonstrate value and show the rest of us what we are missing out on :wink:

But mostly tell us WTF this feed on campaign sites is!

Ok, sorry. Yes, by com’s I meant communities in general.

If it is not actively used, why is it obligatory to give a Twitter nickname for official comuity status?

Obviously the use of twitter but also Slack varies a lot in the COM’s. In Germany, there is a relatively active Twitter bubble. The main thing that bothers me is that old content appears on the campaign pages. And we were already actively using Twitter before the pandemic.

I assume OP is referring to the Community pages. In some instances they may be set up with a Tw@tter feed or other… e.g TTN Oxford used twitter under the tag thingsox, but don’t think anyone has posted since 2018! Whereas e.g. TTN Windsor down road in relative terms doesn’t have anything set up. I think also once set up for e.g. the page may also then pick up a more generic Things feed and show on the page (some chose not to as yet more s.m. clutter on the site) but again low activity - I think last I saw was some one in Indonesia back in July 21?

correct and I found no other place for topics about the community-page.

Don’t believe it is… have set up many Communities and contribute to more and haven’t used… it’s a nice to have if you wish and want to use …

There will be a whole pile of people, including me, who haven’t got the least clue what you are referring to, so if you want to get some people behind this, perhaps you could give a bit more detail.

Sorry, I thought it would be easy to make the direct link between the first post and the second reply. In the initial post of the topic I had described the problem including two solution options.

And yes, that we are all TTN - gladly. The quality of a community is shown not least by its togetherness.

Lastly, other channels to get TTI’s attention, which ones? Twitter is not it either, many have already despaired of that. I can understand that TTI does not react on all channels, but this form (I thought) is the means of choice.

Don’t believe it is… have set up many Communities and contribute to more and haven’t used… it’s a nice to have if you wish and want to use …

ok, then I remember it differently. Maybe, it’s been a while. But it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a matter of either fixing or hiding the area. One of the two solutions should be possible, right?

Slack! Not many TTI core very active/often on forum… varies by activity but maybe 2-4 are in weekly. If you want their attention vs TTN Community forum members use Slack :wink:

Slack! Not many TTI core very active/often on forum… varies by activity but maybe 2-4 are in weekly. If you want their attention vs TTN Community forum members use Slack

Ok, thx

The main The Things Network twitter feed is very active…currently filling up with pitches for the rescheduled March TheThings Conference and the coming Jan embedded event :wink:

1 Like

If you want their attention vs TTN Community forum members use Slack

Do you have the url? Sorry, I can’t find the link to the channel.

The first post wasn’t clear.