IP67 Multitech Gateway

Hi All,

I have 4 multitech gateways but all are indoor versions.

Is it possible to purchase an enclosure which will turn my indoor multitech gateways into IP67 gateways ?

I contacted Multitech, but they dont provide the enclosure only. They i said need to buy IP67 rated gateways. But its out of my budget.

Yes it is, not something off the shelf, but an enclosure that will fit the gateway should be available. You should contact a supplier of IP67 rated enclosures. You could start by looking at outdoor enclosures used for WiFi access points. (Google is your friend)

if you can mount the interior of the multitech in here ?

I build gateways into IP65 enclosures for industrial outdoor use. Usually IP65 rating. IP67 is very serious! It means you must support being submerged 1m under water for 30 minutes with no water entry. Is this really what you need? LoRa will not work under water! Please see attached picture. Steel enclosure is used to get good RF shielding. Cable glands, etc. also need to be IP6x rated. Grounding is also essential.20170912_140259

1 Like

Did anyone verify that this box would enclose a standard Multitech Conduit AEP?

It does even in the smaller version of the box BUT you have to remove the internal backing plate.

1 Like

These guys sell all types of IP65 enclosures hundreds of sizes I’ve used many before and they are great…https://www.polycase.com/