Is the nucleo-wl55jc1-board compatible with the Arduino IDE?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to develop a LoRaWAN application for the nucleo-wl55jc1-board using the Arduino IDE.

I found the following information:

→ STM32WL55JC Nucleo WL55JC1 2.1.0 LoRa support not available

→ This library provides support for LoRaWAN communication using the STM32WL55 microcontroller …

(For a first test I compiled the LoRaWAN_AT_Slave example with the stm32cube IDE,
the example works fine with TTN, but I want to use the Arduino IDE instead of the stm32cube IDE).

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

after extensive troubleshooting and performing the following steps,
the example sketch now works.

• reinstalling windows 10
  • installation Arduino IDE 2.1.1
  • installation stm32duino _ Arduino_Core_STM32 2.6.0
  • installation stm32duino _ STM32LoRaWAN 0.1.1

→ example sketch: Basic.ino

BR

2 Likes

Hi,

@daa792, this is an interesting topic.
In the past I’ve used this port of stm32duino with the Nucleo WL55JC1 board and got it working.

Cheers!

I was able to get a seeed lora-e5 mini working with this library:

This board is not be exactly the same as a nucleo-wl55jc1 board, however I used it with the following platformio.ini configuration (which specifies the nucleo_wl55jc):

[platformio]
src_dir = .

[env:default]
platform = ststm32
board = nucleo_wl55jc
framework = arduino
upload_protocol = stlink
debug_tool = stlink
monitor_speed = 115200
lib_deps = https://github.com/stm32duino/STM32LoRaWAN

With this configuration I see that the node sends an OTAA join and receives a device address from TTN. So I’m pretty sure that this works with a nucleo board as well.

I prefer platformio over the arduino IDE. I use platform CLI + editor of my choice.
So I’m using the arduino platform, just not the arduino IDE.

With platformio, you place this platformio.ini file next to the .ino file, then compile + upload it from the command line using:

pio run -t upload

The .ino file I used is this one from the examples/ directory (with my own OTAA credentials instead of all-zeros key):

1 Like