Is V3 the end for TinyLora?

Yep! As I am now in my 9th year living and breathing LoRa and later LoRaWAN, and in the early days - before the emergence of even LoRa MAC in C from the Semtech/IBM collaboration (LMIC as known to many forumites) and later what we have done to consolidate and standardise around LoRaWAN under the LoRa-Alliance, I saw a great many clients, device makes, and colleagues develop proprietary LoRa implementations. Many of which have been ‘open sourced’, and which applicable to a range of device deployments some simple 2 device link P2P through point to multi-point to star and star of stars and even meshed implementations. If I may refer to all these (whether closed or OSS/FOSS) as ‘proprietary’ here simply to discriminate from LoRaWAN standardised implementations then with respect I would consider your statement of

To be very misleading and in this context even mischievous!

Conversely what TinyLoRa is can be thought of as YALPI* that just happens to have made use of LoRaWAN uplink capabilities in part.

A very clever and elegant (within its resource and capability constraints) implementation which I would applaud, but none the less one that should not be claimed or associated as being LoRaWAN capable or compliant. (As previously stated I suspect the L-A would take a dim view of any such claim or assertion).

*Yet Another LoRa Proprietary Implementation.

Ah, yes. It’s the name of the software (stack). We are still TTN, the community network.

10 posts were split to a new topic: SlimLora library

If the gateway’s start sending 10% of it’s time this has also a vast impact on the other users (nodes and gateways) in the surroundings. If that gateway is sending at 30meters high with a good outdoor antenna this could be an impact for km’s around. This could also impact other lora(wan) networks.

They will blame the gateway and to me, that’s correct.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.