JOIN_ACCEPT not generated

Hello,

I have two KL25z development boards, each one equipped with an SX1272 transceiver (one board has a Semtech SX1272MB2xAS shield, and the other board has a custom shield which integrates a RF-LoRa RF-LORA-868-SO module from rfsolutions which is based also on SX1272).

As gateway, I’m using The Things Indoor Gateway.

For the firmware, I’m using the lora stack from mbed, and since this is just a proof of concept, I’m actually using their demo code.

On the TTN console successfully registered the gateway, then I have created a new application and a new device configuration. Then I have updated mbed configuration as described here with the device-eui, application-eui and application-key.

When I’m trying to connect to TTN with the custom board, I can see in gateway traffic section, the join request event, but no join accept event is generated.

Screenshot from 2020-07-02 15-39-51

Using the same code and same keys but with SX1272MB2xAS shield, everything works just fine.

Screenshot from 2020-07-02 15-43-20

It’s hard to determine the root cause for this issue because I don’t have additional information in TTN console to understand why the join request was rejected. I also don’t have a lot of experience in this domain, so what I need is a little guidance with regards to possible causes for this issue ( it might be a hardware issue, it might be a mbed issue, or maybe I did something wrong in TTN configuration).

I appreciate any advice given.

I’m having the same issue with a ESP32 Lora board. In what byte order (lsb or msb) are your DevEUI, AppEUI and AppKey?

They are msb.