Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario

Hi folks,

I’ve joined the Kitchener/Waterloo community, but it looks like the community is strongly lacking some life. After 2 years, it only counts 3 gateways, with 2 active and 1 is the one I just added.

I think it’s time to give the community a boost, and I’m ready to help if any local makers needs advice or help setting up a gateway or install/develop devices using LoRa. It will definitely benefit everyone if we can quickly get a proper coverage in the area for moving devices among others.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Hi!

I’ve just deployed a gateway in Meaford after learning about TTN while living in the Netherlands. With a few friends I’ll try to get coverage of the Georgian Bay area, and we’ll be experimenting with agriculture, environmental, boating applications using Arduinos etc. Hopefully we can generate some community support for it and get them onto water towers for long coverage.

Of course this isn’t exactly the Kitchener/Waterloo community, but if there is anybody else out there I should pipe-up for their benefit (and if you’d like to do roadtrips for LoRa wardriving let us know!)

I’m just outside markdale, have you had any luck with anything in this area?

I’m on the other side of the border from Kitchner in Buffalo, but would love to connect with other LoRa people. Are you able to use the same gateways from the Helium network? The coverage looks pretty decent in Kitchner for that project today: https://explorer.helium.com/

I recently put one up in Burlington.