LDS01 with external Antenna

AT+MOD=3 add the possibility to report both inputs. The reed contact and the water leakage sensor.

Very good to know, thanks.

People are doing cool stuff with this hardware.

1 Like

I assume the MHF4 plugs into the socket on the LDS01 board.

How did you fit the SMA-socket into the LDS01 enclosure?
Can you please post a pic with cover removed?

Yes it plugs into the MHF4, and no it does not fit into the enclosure without some creative destruction: when the board is removed from the enclosure you will see plastic standoffs that elevate it; I used some needlenose pliers to snap those off and then the SMA fit just fine.

The device is installed out at the cottage now, but I could add another one and document it for a tutorial if people want I guessā€¦

1 Like

Hi, I read this thread and now I would like to add an external antenna to my LDS01 as well. However, I am not sure about choosing the right cable.
I have this antenna: GSM, GPRS, UMTS, 3G, GPS, Wifi, Ethernet Market Telit, Wiznet, 2J Antenna, EBYTE, WÄ°ZNET, Jiashan, 4G, Bluetooth, Simcom and I would need a cable at least 80 cm long.
Can you advise please?

Use the same cable as TC1 did but 0.8m of length.

Thank you for the quick response. I tried to find such a cable, but I didnā€™t.
I found only 50cm long cables: SMA Female Jack Bulkhead to IPX IPEX U.FL MHF4 RF Pigtail Jumper Cable for PCI WiFi Card Wireless Router 0.81mm Rocheuk|Connectors| - AliExpress
If you know where to buy 80cm or more, please send a link.

After 30 seconds of searching:
https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/4000023276376.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail