Legal problems setting up gateways on public buildings

Hi,
we, TTN Freiburg community, currently discussing with many different people for setting up gateways on their buildings. For example with the local university or goverment. In the most cases we need a legal advice or something which says the people who sponsoring the location are not responsible for things which are done over the gateway. For example someone asks what happens if someone uses TTN to detonate a bomb, is in that case the owner of the building an abettor and responsible for that doing? We as community say no, but we need a legal advice or other document, it would be great if someone have a document for us or TTN gives a document for all communities.
I hope it is clear what our request is, in germany it is a big thing and called “Mitstörerhaftung” and the people fears that.
Kind regards
Stefan

I dont see that this a TTN specific problem.

For instance, if someone uses a mobile phone to … is the network provider or the person who provided the phone responsible ?

If someone hires a car and …

If someone buys some AA batteries from the corner shop and uses them for …

Sounds to me like a bit of paranoia generated by lawyers to drum up lots of business as lots of organisations ‘seek legal advice’.

I agree to you, dual use can be happend with every thing, but the people want it, without anything written they won’t install a gateway on their roof. You can talk and explain with the same arguments you wrote, they won’t believe it except a document is written which says all ok. Seems to be a common german problem. For years it was the same with Free Wifi… and now the same with LoRa.

Then ultimatly its an issue between you and your insurers.

Speaking about free WiFi…
Did you check if Freifunk has anything?