LG308 Basic Station wont recieved from Arduino End Nodes

Looks like the gateway started up three times in the space of a minute, are you seeing the updates on the TTN gateway console?

Alright i get what you guys are saying, ill try distance the node and gateway today. Thanks

Yeah the TTN gateway console recieve an update on the gateway status every 3 minutes now

Ive moved my node for about 100m+ with walls in between and still got crc fail :melting_face:

I cant find anything about this, my gateway RSSI is at -133.2 dBm. iam going to try downgrading my gateway firmware, iam using the latest firmware right now, idk what to do anymore

You need to understand the RF component of the machine you are trying to build.

Having the node right next to the gateway causes issues - to high RF levels for the frontend.

To low RF levels you can’t decode the signal.

If you have a 100m and wall between the node and gateway and the RX is -133dBm already, I will look at the RF side of my devices, it seems low, check your antennas, coax cables, connectors (are they matching?).

I already separate the node and the gateway.

The thing is, it can do point to point LoRa with the same device just fine at the same distances, but for some reason my gateway cant.

what do you mean by matching ?

It is not distance, it is RF signal strength determining if it is going to work.

Matching, you get male and female connectors, you need to pay special attention to the center conductors type, here are where a lot of people trip up. They will connect two of the same types to each other, just double check your RF side.

Yes ive already double checked everything, i dont know what to do anymore to be honest, i’ve tried changing antenna, separate the gateway and the node, resetting the gateway to factory default, changing frequency and still the gateway wont receive my packets :sob:

Show us a clear picture of each SMA connector, PCB side and antenna side, as it is not always that easy to see the differences. (trying to help you)

If you had a piece of wire cut to 1/4 wave length (for antenna) it should work easily over that distance.

You are missing something small.

1 Like

What does your serial output from the Arduino show - please ensure you format it with the </> tool - do not post a picture.

19:18:33.088 -> Starting
19:18:33.135 -> 9497: EV_TXSTART
19:18:33.135 -> Packet queued
19:18:35.238 -> 139332: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)
19:19:05.246 -> 2015121: EV_TXSTART
19:19:05.246 -> Packet queued
19:19:07.299 -> 2144974: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)
19:19:37.317 -> 4020769: EV_TXSTART
19:19:37.317 -> Packet queued
19:19:39.419 -> 4150625: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)
19:20:09.443 -> 6026419: EV_TXSTART
19:20:09.443 -> Packet queued
19:20:11.505 -> 6156439: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)

i’ve tried different payload, different delay up to 30 min - 1 hour delay, still doesnt work. It always loop like this

What is the Arduino board specification you are using?

Already post my Arduino board above. I use custom Arduino Pro Mini with ATmega 328 and RFM95W LoRa chip. Here is the full specification

My apologies, sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll pay more attention going forward.

I think the RFM95W module is only a LoRa radio and not LoRaWAN capable.
You need 2 modules. One acting as sender the other as receiver.

Thank god, I solved it today. The problem is the library
I need to change the lmic_project_config.h file in Arduino\libraries\MCCI_LoRaWAN_LMIC_library\project_config to my region.
The last problem is why the DevAddr change when recieved by my gateway and then changed again when the packets uplinked to TTN

Sort of, it is indeed a LoRa radio but it is the most common LoRa radio used by the LoRaWAN software to do LW!

Not on this forum, we only do LoRaWAN here!

We don’t often refer to configuration as a problem - more a RTFM event!

The DevAddr is dynamically assigned on OTAA join - that’s not just normal, it’s a necessity.

The Learn link at the top of the page will lead you to more material to understand the basics. LW is very dependent on RTFMing on the core details.

1 Like

Then how do i sync the packets to my appllication end node when iam using ABP?

Why would you use ABP? It’s got all sorts of complications.

Are uplinks appearing on the device console?