LoRA Evaluation Kit DV164140-2

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to connect to TTN using a Murata module as a modem in an embedded solution (the very same module which is found in this ST evaluation kit here: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-l072z-lrwan1.html).

Anyway, instead of using the firmware ST provided, I’m using muRata proprietary firmware to control the module using AT commands. And even after setting everything up (EUI, keys, etc), the module won’t connect to TTN.

TTN dashboard shows the activation packet in the gateway section, and shows the connection as “accepted” in the platform. The modem, anyway, keeps receiveing “connection refused” from the gateway. To better illustrate it, I’m posting two screenshots below:

lora1
Fig.1 - The OTAA activation request is shown as “accepted”.

lora2
Fig. 2 - More details on the packet.

lora3
Fig. 3 - Several trials to connect to TTN.

As you can see in the third screenshot, TTN marks the join request as accepted, but the modem doesn’t receive a confirmation from the Gateway. Therefore, the module retries to send the gw the join command.

I’ve tried lots of different things to solve it, but still could not figure out what is happening.

Could anyone please shed some light on it please?

The kit I’m using is:
Gateway: Microchip LoRA Evaluation Kit DV164140-2
LoRa modem: CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa®/Sigfox™ module (Murata).

Thank you.

Connection refused means the stack did not receive the response. What frequency plan are you using? What plan is the gateway set to in the TTN console?

Hello Kersing!

I’m using US915 in TTN console and US915Hybrid in the modem.

I still didn’t try this, but I’ll use US915 for the modem too and post a feedback.

Thank you.

Well, I tried that, but the problem keeps happening =/

I’m attaching another screenshot of the gateway configuration tool screen. Don’t know if this adds useful information, but here it goes, maybe someone can see something I’m not seeing:

lora4

Thank you.

The uplink frequencies in your screenshot do not match the TTN configuration found on Github. May-be you need to configure the gateway and node to use the TTN frequencies? (TTN uses sub band 1)

Hello Kersing, thanks so much again for your support. I’ll investigate the documentation and try adjusting the uplink frequencies.

I’ll soonly give feedback here.

Thank you!