LoRa RM191 RFtest fails when attempting to join

So im trying to connect my LoRa RM191 dev kit to the Sentrius RG191 gateway and do a range test. The current issue is that after i xCompile + load the code, it will time out when attempting to join the gateway.

Is There a configuration setting that i need to access and change in order to have them connect to each other or is the problem different?

following screenshot of my issue:
range%20test

No not normally, you don’t need anything special. Are you compiling one of the demonstration codes that come with the RM1xx? if so, (don;t need to post) what is the file name. To be sure the gateway is working, have you had other nodes successfully Join?

Also just check the RM191 is on the correct block of 8 radio channels used by TTN as by default the RM191 will try the full 64 channels.

channelmask$ = “0002000000000000ff00”
rc = LORAMACSetOption(LORAMAC_OPT_CHANNELMASK, channelmask$)

This is for Au915 where TTN is in channels 8-15, you need to check if the US is the same. If not, then look up the SmartBasic manual and adjust the channel mask.

1 Like

Have you set the appeui and appkey and reset the module afterwards with “atz”?

Hi @TonySmith, yes I am using one of the sample codes, the " lora.rftest.sb". What im trying to do is follow the documentation and do a range test. would I have to write my own code?

Yes, the app is set up. however would there be a need to set it up in a different way in order to do a range test?

I’ve not used this code before and had a very quick look at its contents. I have a suspicion its not joining by OTA.

Just try the command “join 1” instead of “lora join 1” and see if that works.

You could also start with something a bit simpler like the code lora.app.us.sb

By the way, do other nodes successfully join to the same gateway?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.