LoRa Stik - RN2903 USB Device

I’ve been working on this device for a while now, this is my fourth iteration or so of the hardware and I’m working on making it available to other people who might find it interesting. I use it primarily for testing LoRaWAN networks with my laptop. It could also be used to turn a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone into a node.

In addition to the hardware I’m working on some custom firmware (will be open) that will provide class C support while replicating the RN2903 factory UART interface.

The device has a couple of user leds that can be accessed via the GPIO pins and toggled over the UART interface.

I will be including several examples (primarily in python) for interacting with the device over serial.

I would love to hear any feedback, feature requests or ideas from the community.

lorastick

with RN2483

Love it. I went through a few prototypes, but I usually get boards through OSHPark before doing much prototyping because I don’t like soldering that much. untitled-2-2

1 Like

blink test … :rofl:

I used a passthrough sketch (stick is TTN uno compatible) together with ESPlorer to ‘craft’ communication with the backend.

ESPlorer

So basically what you are building I think, but a dedicated GUI for the stick would be awsome.

I’ve been playing around with the idea of a Google Chrome App that you could use for dfu and configuration. I need to look at the TTN API, but it would be great if you could just plug in the device, oAuth to your account and choose what app you want to configure the device for and it do the rest.

funded
this product is very successfull funded !

It did! We continue to sell them, have sent out about 1200 units so far, most of them wholesale. They’re also available on Tindie and Mouser. Also in the process of launching a LoRa dev board with STM32 Cortex M0 SiP.

1 Like