LoRaWAN Academy - AWS stack error

The template for the AWS stack in Week 9 of the LoRaWAN Academy course is out of date.
Trying to create a stack from the template results in this error: “No Solution Stack named ‘64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.8.3 running Go 1.10’ found. (Service: AWSElasticBeanstalk; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidParameterValue; …”

The current version of the Go solution stack is: Go 1.11 version 2.9.4
I have not found a way to update the template or create one myself.

Can someone point out how to create a new stack and template?

1 Like

Have received the same error (No Solution Stack named ‘64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.8.3 running Go 1.10’ found. (Service: AWSElasticBeanstalk; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidParameterValue; Request ID: )’ when trying to generate the stack via the AWS Quick Start instructions on the TTN website ((https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/aws/quick-start.html)

error

Could the TTN ‘cloudformation.template’ be updated (https://s3.amazonaws.com/thethingsnetwork/builds/integration-aws/dist/cloudformation.template) or as @hs1 requested someone advise on how to resolve this.

Thanks

Yes this is pretty inconvenient in AWS CloudFormation. If anyone knows a way to indicate “latest Go environment” (instead of checking this page regularly), please let me know. In any case, we’re stepping away from Beanstalk for V3 integrations.

A new build with CD is on its way; the hosted cloud formation template that @SJKear mentions will get updated within minutes.

edit: done

2 Likes

Agree - bizarre AWS has implemented it in this way…

…but pleased to say this has resolved the issue (now have data flowing from node into AWS) - thanks @johan for the extremely swift support and updating the cloud formation template!

Thank you for repairing this so fast. It is now OK.

Hi guys, tried to create a new AWS integration but there seems to be an error in the cloudformation template.

CREATE_FAILED	
AWS::ElasticBeanstalk::ConfigurationTemplate	TTNConfigurationTemplate	
No Solution Stack named '64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.9.4 running Go 1.11.4' found. 

Related to this closed topic:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/solved-lorawan-academy-aws-stack-error/21333

Found this on the Amazon docs: 2.10.0 seems to be the current version.
I guess the templated needs to be updated for every new version.

I’m having the same issue. @johan refers to a solution, but I don’t see what I’m supposed to do – does he have to update it again? If there is a solution that I can implement, can someone please help? Feel free to explain in painful detail – I’m fairly new to AWS.

-Greg

@gcl8a what exactly is your error? Because 64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.10.0 running Go 1.11.5 is the latest and that’s what we have in the CloudFormation template deployed at the moment.

Thanks for the quick reply, @johan.

The specific error is: “No Solution Stack named ‘64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.10.0 running Go 1.11.5’ found. (Service: AWSElasticBeanstalk; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidParameterValue; Request ID: …”

It does show CREATE_COMPLETE for AWS::ElasticBeanstalk::Application. But then the configuration fails.

In case it matters, I’m using us-east (DC).

@gcl8a removing solution stack support very often is one thing, but not actually having one available is really weird. My source is https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/latest/platforms/platforms-supported.html#platforms-supported.go

Am I overlooking anything?

I wish AWS was a bit developer friendlier…

First off, I’m super new to all of this, so when you ask me, “Am I overlooking anything?” I can only say, “I have no idea. You tell me.” :wink:

But the version you linked to certainly seems correct, so my question is: Is there something I need to do on AWS to set up a beanstalk? From the video, it appears that all of that is supposed to be taken care of for me, but I’m not sure. I’ve followed the quick start to the letter and I keep getting this error.

At this point, I have to assume there’s something wrong with my AWS setup. I’ll see if one of my students can figure anything out. If there is any other information that might be helpful, let me know.

Can you try another region?

I tried US-west (Oregon) and got the same result.

Last night, I was able to use EB to start an application based on Go, completely independently of TTN.

Is anyone else having this issue? Or can anyone who’s following along confirm that they can make a new stack?

Hi Johan,
Is this issue resolved yet? I still have error message. Any work around for this?
Thank you

@datth22 Does this mean you had the same problem? I don’t know if that’s good (it’s not just me!) or bad (there is something deeper going on that’s going to take some time to fix), but @johan let me know what I can do to help test things.

I’ve also opened a forum post on AWS: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=892174 to see if anyone there has any ideas.

Hi SJKear,

What was the fix for this issue as I still have this error? Can you share what solution name/ platform you are running atm so I can adjust the template accordingly?

Thank you.
DAt

I dived in this and this is an error in the AWS documentation.

Where the documentation says:

64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.10.0 running Go 1.11.5

This should be:

64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.10.1 running Go 1.11.5

This has been fixed in our CloudFormation template – a build is running and will be deployed automatically.

1 Like

Hi @datth22. With my anomaly the ‘Go solution stack’ version number in TTN’s ‘cloudformation.template’ needed updating - which @johan kindly did.

Looking @johan latest post, it again looks like a version numbering issue and the TTN’s ‘cloudformation.template’ template has been updated so hopefully this should resolve your anomaly. It’s bizarre AWS has implemented it in this way…

I can confirm it works for me. Danke!

A related (?) AWS stack error … starting from the [AWS Quick Start instructions]((https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/aws/quick-start.html), I get an error when trying to create a new stack by clicking on (e.g.) US us-west-2. The error is

Template validation error: Template format error: YAML not well-formed. (line 308, column 13)

The same error occurs for the other regions.

Tad