LoRaWAN C library for MSP430 MCU

Hello,

I need to find a LoRaWAN library for a MSP430 micro controller using RFM95W. I have only seen LMIC libraries for Arduino or Mbed laying around…

Anyone know any solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance!

I use that LoRaWAN implementation for our node which is msp430 based. It works like expected.

Hi thanks for your reply! Okay I thought that library was dependent on the listed hardware in the readme file. Which library files do you use?

I have my current c-code with my own implementation of SPI functions to other slaves gathering data, so I can’t really start from scratch. What would you suggest me to do?

http://stackforce.github.io/LoRaMac-doc/_p_o_r_t_i_n_g__g_u_i_d_e.html

Some info can be found in the porting guide. You have to provide some basic functions. And the only thing to change in the stack itself was the mcu-wakeup time - but that is not nessery with the current version (Now via SX1276GetBoardTcxoWakeupTime).

The makefile includes the stack:

SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/radio/sx1276/sx1276.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/mac/LoRaMac.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/mac/LoRaMacCrypto.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/mac/region/Region.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/mac/region/RegionCommon.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/mac/region/RegionEU868.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/delay.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/fifo.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/gpio.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/timer.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/crypto/cmac.c
SOURCES += $(RFDIR)/LORA/Semtech/src/system/crypto/aes.c

I Added the compiler flag " -DREGION_EU868" to set the region.
The rest is just to glue it with the rest of your hardware/projekt (boards directory for examples).

I have done a rapid port of the “Arduino LMIC” library to Energia, which is the equivalent of Arduino IDE for TI launchpads boards, including some MSP430 based.

You can find it here : https://github.com/DeuxVis/energia-lmic

2 Likes

Can you provide further information about the modifications, I’m trying to build an MSP430 based node and I’m quite lost searching for libraries