I’ve just finished fabricating and testing a device for portable testing of LoRaWAN networks. Quick overview of its features are:
- GPS with onboard antenna (automatically detects and supports an external antenna)
- RN2483 (so technically supports 868MHz and 434MHz)
- ATSAMD with the Arduino bootloader
- Boost converter allows the device to run off AA batteries (so you’re not caught short)
- Main settings (ABP/OTAA/Transmit Interval/Spread factor) can be configured using the joystick, only the network keys need provisioning via the USB connection.
- Screen lets you see results on the go (number of gateways, spreadfactor sweeps, etc.)
- Supports TTNMapper
All the software and PCB files are open sourced, let me know if there’s features that people think should be included within the software.