LSN50 V2 not joining via OTAA

Hi everyone,

I have a new Dragino LSN50 V2 and can’t get it to join the Network.
I have entered the DEV_EUI from my device in my application. During the join-request I see this DEV_EUI, so I assume it is correct.
What I do not understand is the part 2.2 Step 1 of this manual https://www.dragino.com/downloads/downloads/LSN50-LoRaST/LSN50_LoRa_Sensor_Node_UserManual_v1.7.1.pdf

It says I should enter the APP_EUI as shown
But in the join-request there is another APP_EUI:

Which one is correct?

Or do I have to upload the APP_EUI to the LSN50?

And what about this? image
I entered the App_KEY but it’s still not joining.

I’ve used this config

and this config

Thank you - Sven

Go to application settings and add the AppEUI as provided by Dragino. Then go to the device settings and switch the AppEUI listed there to the newly entered AppEUI.

Which APP_EUI? The one from the manual 3F77ADE36BCAAB65 ?
Or the one submitted by the device during the join request A000000000000101 ?
As you can see in my last two pictures I’ve tried both of them and they are not working.

Are some of these EUI reverse?

You need to use the AppEUI and AppKey provided with the device. There should be a sticker on the inside of the lid of the box with the correct values for your device.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

There was a second sticker inside the box, which I’ve missed…

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello I have the same problem.
On the label it is written: APP EUI A000000000000101 but it does not work. How to do?

Please Help me

Do you own a gateway where you can check the EUIs of the join request? Is there information on the application traffic?

Have you checked the EUIs and AppKey match the label? No typing errors? No B that should be 8 or the other way around?

I did not make a typo.
My EUI app is: A000000000000101
Is it possible?
My gateway is an LG01 dragino

That is not a gateway, that’s a Single Channel Packet Forwarder that can only hear one channel with a limited range of Spreading Factors at a time, whereas the device is expecting to talk to a real gateway that can listen on 8 channels, all SF’s at the same time.

Because of the disruptive impact on the TTN community network we would ask you to remove it immediately.

You will see on the Dragino website that it is not for use for LoRaWAN.

1 Like

that was a usefull hint. thanks

Hello, which gateway to choose for outdoor use with two dragino lsn50?
Is the DLOS8 dragino a good choice?

I don’t personally own one myself, but I do have an LPS8, it’s indoor version. I haven’t heard anything bad about the outdoor variant so I’d be happy to buy one if I had the need.

Actually, I think that is not true. You can setup LSN50 V2 to work in single channel mode and LG01N can manage to forward it, only downside (as far as I understand) is that, you have to use ABP instead of OTAA to join. I managed to connect it this way, the only problem is, that I can see data incoming into the Gateway in TTN but cannot see it in Application. Any ideas?

Here is info from their documentation, that LG01N can support LoraWAN protocol.

It does not support LoRaWAN and should not be used on TTN as it causes issues for other users (and yourself). Please disconnect it now. Dragino explicitly calls those devices LoRa gateways not LoRaWAN gateways on their website and in their documentation.

Yes, you are using incompatible hardware and not using OTAA as recommended. As a result you are running into issues. Disconnect the LG01, use a proper LoRaWAN gateway and if you still have issues we will will provide support. For incompatible hardware which should not be used we do not offer support on the forum.

OnPaste.20210817-223119

They even have pre-defined settings for TTN image

OLD data from a product brief that is not being updated as …old device!

See current web page here…scroll down nice RED text!

protocol is the message system…not the standard or specification(which calls out min8 channels…)

Now please do as requested and remove from the network…

Selective quoting isn’t a strategy for assistance that is likely to get you long term community support:

clearly has this on it.

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 20.36.56

You’ve asked for assistance from the community and the community is telling you that your Single Channel Packet Forwarder is not suitable for use on The Things Network, a community network that needs LoRaWAN compliant gateways to run properly.

Please disconnect your LG01N. We will be happy to help you with connection issues when you have a compliant gateway.

OK, so why the hell their latest firmware has these predefined V2/V3 settings for TTN if they are not compatbile? Any other services that I can use? Don’t have an option to quickly replace this one with another gateway.