Mac / Arduino IDE does not find port of The Things Uno

Hi all,

i have a new MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) and I have to use a USB-C Adapter to connect the original The Things Uno to my Mac. I did everything what was described in the documentation, but my Arduino IDE does not find the port to connect to my uno. In Port I only see:

/dev/cu.MALS
/dev/cu.SOC
/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port

I use the original USB-A cable which was delivered. My macOS Version is macOS 10.13.4 (17E202).

Important Information: With the same cable / Adapter / Mac I can connect to The Things Node without any Problems…

Does anybody have an idea how to proceed?

Thank you,
Quast.

Hi all,

i fixed this issue. It seems that the preinstalled sketch makes some trouble so that the Uno is not visible in the Arduino IDE ports. But when I press the reset button on the Things Uno, the device is visible for about 8 seconds in ports. So I loaded the “DeviceInfo” Sample-Sketch in the Arduino, pressed the upload button in the IDE and after that, I pressed the reset button on the Arduino. Then there will be a 8 sek timeslot which is enough to upload the sketch and after that, my Things Uno was working normal and was always visible in the IDE.

Issue fixed.

Regards Quast

indeed that is normal 32U4+ bootloader behavior… good that you found it