Manual Firmware Upgrade

Hi,

is it possible to manually upgrade the firmware of a TTIG from 2.0.0 to 2.0.4? I read some older posts 2020, that this should happen automatically but seems not working in my case.

Thanks,
Semih

1 Like

I learned that automatic upgrades may stop when you do not ā€œfollowā€ regular updates.
Unless you have a programmer your alternative is to copy the latest firmware on a uSD card and reboot from that.

2 Likes

thanks, but has the TTIG a ĀµSD slot inside? I found instructions for TTOG but unfortunately not for TTIG ;( do you know some guide for the TTIG by chance?

I read that V2 shutted down Dec 2021ā€¦ so that was the ā€œdeadlineā€ for activating my old TTIG in order to receive the firmware update?

My bad I overlooked you mentioning TTIG in combination with uSD. That combination does not exist. TTIG has no uSD slot.

1 Like

As Remko says no usd on TTIG, perhaps confusing the original TTGW aka TTā€™Kickstarterā€™GW, which was also an ā€˜Indoorā€™ GW - a few still available online or e.g. eBay. Though from your other post a few days ago you are clearly referencng the TTIG rather than a TT(K)GW :slight_smile:

Any TTIGā€™s online at time of V2 sunset Dec 21 were automigrated to V3*, and IIRC should also still be able to register and update via CUPS under V3 so version may not be the cause of your current problem. Recommend delete and step through the registration process again - obviously using a new GW-ID as previous IDā€™s cant be used once deleted. If you follow all the advice on forum and still have no joy you should look to post to the TT Slack #support channel as TTN Forum Mods and volunteers dont have backend access to debug any issues.

(*) would appear in your GW list as ID = ā€œeuiā€, plus ā€˜nameā€™ = ā€œAuto-Migrated <original name/eui->ā€

2 Likes

@semiha Just as FYI as I am doing a run through NL & DE over next few weeks and plan to test deploy a GW (or 2!) for a week or so of trails west of Enschede then later east of Hamburg so I just pulled an old stock new TTIG from spares that was 2.0.0 f/w and loaded/registered into TTN and fired upā€¦. <10 mins later all good and passing messages, with auto update to 2.0.4 so like I recalled old firmware not an issue in this case :slight_smile: :+1:

Did you get yours online ok yet?

(p.s. I enabled auto updates and stable channel when registering/claiming)

1 Like

Nope, itā€™s still offlineā€¦

Thanks for the hint; I will try it later. Did you registered yours via console or CLI?

Consoleā€¦

1 Like

Please do not double postā€¦.it splits attention & effort, also this is a gateway thread vs device and one specific to TTIG. See reply in you original postā€¦ā€¦

good newsā€¦ my TTIG got a Firmware update to version 2.0.4 and it is ā€œconnectedā€ now :))

As @Jeff-UK suggested I enabled ā€œauto updatesā€ and did a ā€œresetā€ on TTIGā€¦

Thanks,
Semih

2 Likes