MatchX Gateway suddenly stopped working OTAA & downlink

My MatchX 1701 suddenly since yesterday night has problems to accept OTAA joins.
Further analysis showed that this is caused by missings downlinks.
I’m using MXos v0.0.5 and it worked many months without any problems.

Any ideas how to analyze this? Or what the root cause is?

1 Like

meanwhile i tried upgrade to Mxos v0.0.7, did not solve the issue. Downgraded to v0.0.5 again.

After a reboot OTAA and downlink works for a while. Then it seems downlinks don’t go through. How can i check if this is a gateway or backend related problem?

@Verkehrsrot

Try first :
“lbt_cfg”: {
“enable”: false,

If OTAA problems is still on, try to test the MatchX Gw with MatchX Cloud backend just to be sure is not a hw problem.

I have a MatchX Gw in TTN Network and working without any problems with 0.07 fw , but working before with 0.05 fw too .

lbt is disabled.

Firmware version 0.0.6+0.0.7 cause crash of LoRa HAL, due to unmatching version of FPGA (v1)

With 0.0.5 the gateway boots without error, but i don’t see any rxpkt/txpkt log entries, just the stats packet going up to TTN.

I dont know … here all seems ok !MX1MX2

matchx008matchx007

alles prima mit matchx 007 :slight_smile:

And here is node join … so i think is nothing wrong with ttn or with MatchX fw

MX3MX4

Yes, it currently looks like a hardware failure. Reaching out to MatchX now, hope getting a solution. Service is down now, my backup Gw is a dual channel only.

@Verkehrsrot could be a software issue … try to contact MatchX guys , i’m sure them will solve it, because them could access your gw remote.

Good luck!

For the records: Today i visited MatchX in their Berlin office, brought my broken gateway, and got a brand new one version 2. This is a great service, no hassle with call centers, zendesk, etc., just contact a human and walk in. The new gateway is already up and running.

Had a nice talk with the CEO (Sheen) and COO (Aaron). They seem to be in big business with some kind of blockchain use case. Not in germany, but in other countries.

I really love these guys, rocking Germany. If you’re looking for LoRaWAN gateways, buy their stuff. Okay it’s not carrier grade like a Kerlink, but i think you get great value for the 350€.

I saw an opened gateway case with the pcb inside. It’s amazingly small, smaller than an IMST pcb, but with CPU and all peripherals like Wifi, USB C etc. on the same single board. The case is fully plastic sealed (and so no doubt waterproof), so be aware that you will destroy it if you try to open it.

IMG_20180620_183914IMG_20180620_181921

1 Like

Yes I know … they are very prof !
Good luck with new one!

what about weather resistance?
what about security concerns - UDP ?

forgotten? or no longer existent?

I have a MatchX gw deployed outdoor , since 6 months ago … and most lowest temperature was -17 C degree and all was ok

What is with UDP security ? U can install mosquitto on the gateway and use TSL for secure connection… like any other linux gateway …

New MatchX gateway is running on TTN with same configuration as the old one without problems. Seems the old one got a hardware failure :frowning:

I now operate the new one in listen-before-talk (lbt) mode. Seems to work on TTN, downlink and OTAA go through. It was important to set TTN RX2 channel 869.525 to lbt, otherwise no OTAA joins are possible, because the gateway does not send on 869.525 if it is not in the lbt table.

I put my global_conf.json with lbt on github. The settings were derived from https://github.com/TheThingsNetwork/gateway-conf/blob/master/EU-global_conf.json so should be okay for TTN.